SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women's expectations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women's expectations Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Back Story: There has been a beater car parked in my neighborhood for about a month. Windshield wipers stuck half way up and you can't see through the windows because of the dirt, filth and grime.

I live in an upscale neighborhood with nice homes and we don't have junkers sitting around. It had been bugging me as it looked abandoned. It was parked in a guest spot at a condo complex.

I was out walking my little Pug and I see a women pushing it to the curb. My natural instinct was to help but I decided not to because it pissed me off that I had to keep looking at it. I figured she needed to deal with it herself.

As I was walking back to my home she passes me and says "Thank you so much for all of your help" WTF! Why is it my responsibility to help you with your shitty broken down car ?

Major passive aggressive.

OK, I guess I'm the Asshole or am I ? Just because I'm a Man I'm required to push you in your shitty broken down car ?

Rant off.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3452 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Welcome to women's lib 101 and being treated like an equal."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14018 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If you had tried to help her she probably would have got mad that you assumed she needed help just because she was a girl.

It does remind me of an amusing incident I had a few years ago though. I was traveling overseas for work and as I was boarding the plane I realized that the head of HR for our company, a woman, was on the same plane. We talked while boarding and made a plan to meet at baggage claim and ride the train to our destination city together. When we finally arrived around 12 hours later as we were walking out of the train station we encountered a small set of stairs. She had a large suitcase with her. I stopped, looked at her, and said something to the effect of "I don't want you to take this the wrong way, and I know that women are equal to men and I am in no way a sexist, but there isn't a chance in hell that I am letting you carry that suitcase up the stairs on your own."

She laughed and let me carry her suitcase up for her.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15248 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a motorcycle rally in Ohio some years ago and noticed two young women were setting up a new Eureka tent. A friend and I walked over to help the girls and were told bluntly that they did not need any help.

Okay.....So, a few of us sat on a nearby hill, drank beer and watched those two women put on a show as they struggled with the tent.

They were gone the next morning.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I was walking back to my home she passes me and says "Thank you so much for all of your help"

Should have said "Sorry, I only expend my time and energy on really HOT women."

Posts: 12516 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
“Sorry, lady, my tetanus shots aren’t up-to-date and I couldn’t take the risk touching that filthy piece of shit you’ve left sitting there for months. I know a good towing company, and if you require any further assistance, I’d be happy to give you the number.”

Posts: 17035 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
You're not required to help anyone, but it's polite to offer, regardless of gender, especially without knowing the full story.

OTOH, she was rude. If she needed help she should have just said, "Excuse me, sir, would you please help me?"

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brecaidra:
You're not required to help anyone, but it's polite to offer, regardless of gender,

I know the right thing to do was to help her and I thought about it but the car makes me angry. I had that discussion in my head.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3452 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are going to lumberjack, you have be able to handle your end of the log.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She didn't ask for help. It's nice to offer but not any kind of obligation. I probably wouldn't have offered. The bulkshit huffy response would have gotten her an earful.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My days of helping are over. There are too many crazies and too many scams out there. My attitude is "leave me the fuck alone." Oh yeah, over the years the only guy helping me out in bad situations was, yeah, me.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
You're not required to help anyone, but it's polite to offer, regardless of gender, especially without knowing the full story.

OTOH, she was rude. If she needed help she should have just said, "Excuse me, sir, would you please help me?"

Well said Bre.

Posts: 4402 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

I know the right thing to do was to help her and I thought about it but the car makes me angry. I had that discussion in my head.

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was reprimanding you. I was just thinking, it's a possibility that the car belongs to an elderly relative and she didn't know about it until the relative finally asked for help from her or something. I understand being angry about it sitting there for so long, but maybe it's not her fault.

Still, there was no excuse for her to be so snippy with you.

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The next time you want to withhold your help, or your love, or your support for another for whatever the reason, ask yourself a simple question: do the reasons you want to withhold it reflect more on them or on you? And which reasons do you want defining you forevermore?”

You help people for the simple fact that they need help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Passive aggressive behavior is present in both males and females. It is a function of how your parents and teachers taught you.

I will admit that as a rule women tend to make these sorts of remarks more than men. Things like I guess I will have to sit here in the dark rather than please turn on the light switch.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

I will admit that as a rule women tend to make these sorts of remarks more than men. Things like I guess I will have to sit here in the dark rather than please turn on the light switch.

I do that quite often, but bryan11 knows it's to be funny.
---

My son was super amused one time when we were at a convenience store:

man #1 holds door for man #2
man #2 says nothing
man #1: "YOU'RE WELCOME!"
man #2: "What do you want, a ****ing trophy?"
man #1: "No, but you could say "thank you!"
man #2: "Oh, I'm so sorry that I hurt your feelings..."

I'm not sure how long they argued because we needed to leave.

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
You certainly weren’t obliged to help her. As Bre said, it’s nice to offer, but, otoh, if she’s been freeloading in your neighborhood, then I could see why you weren’t keen on helping her out.

Totally entitled comment on her part. I wish I had a suitably snippy reply reply for when that happens.

“Do I know you?” Might be a start.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5269 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Maybe it wasn't HER car either and she was pushing it out because she was sick of it too and so it might get picked up?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4112 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Maybe she was talking to the Pug? Razz

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4609 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Maybe it wasn't HER car either and she was pushing it out because she was sick of it too and so it might get picked up?

No, It was her car for sure....How would she have gotten the door open. I saw her lock it up.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat