SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Caught some chud riffling through our cars this morning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caught some chud riffling through our cars this morning Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I live in a semi rural neighborhood near a state park/forest,

been here 14yrs or so,

had our neighborhood gone thru several times in that time period,

fortunately for us, we learned our lesson early on at our first house, had both vehicles ransacked,

interestingly, the last time the POS' came thru the hood, one car ransacked was a police car, unmarked,

and the car was not only unlocked, but had a gov't owned rifle in the back seat,

county , state gov and atf came looking

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10403 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve lived the majority of my life in rural areas and I’ve never left a vehicle unlocked. I don’t leave anything of value visible either. Even as far out in the woods as I’ve lived, there’s always been at least one incident of dirtbags stealing stuff. Hell a couple tweakers stole cheap plastic seats off a jonboat here not long after we moved in.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
When my truck was broken into a few years back, the pair of thieves went from vehicle to vehicle, ( middle of the afternoon, behind a gun range/uniform store, with two marked city police units parked in front of the building, which has readily visible security cameras, ) opened unlocked doors and those doors that were locked, ( like mine ) they smashed the passenger window out, quickly rifled through the vehicle, then moved on.

Those fuckers had balls, for what good it did them. Understandably, the local PD folks were just a wee bit torqued over this. They caught one POS later that evening and his thug buddy early the next morning.

ASG, I'm glad you ran the fucker away and he's worse off now.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Oh, and Ring home video systems are absolutely awesome, Fyi.

Agreed. I got one for my house 6 months ago and love it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Up here in the Cleveland suburbs, they are breaking windows to get into cars. We had 14 on one street alone.

Of course no one hears it or calls. But if some dog barks once, they start calling!

Growing up I lived in Cleveland on W.58th and Bridge. I left my doors unlocked and my glove box empty and open. They would steal my store bought cassettes but not my home made stuff. I always left $1 in change as a thank you for not breaking my window fee.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7989 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Disappointed we're not hearing how sore your back is from digging a hole.....

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4553 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why didn't you hold up your screen name and chase him down the street pegging him with an automatic airsoft gun in the rearend all of the way down the street???????

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
D-

Not at all what I was hoping for.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12339 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Because this is the kind of area where it had generally been safe to leave your stuff out.

No such thing. Even if you live in a supposedly "good area", thieves travel.

Simply locking your car doors and removing any valuables from plain sight will drastically reduce your risk of being victimized.

over two hundred and fifty people in the greater quad city area had to learn this the hard way , since febuary.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Last time I looked, door locks on cars were standard equipment, not options.

I use them, just like I use my turn signals.

I think turn signals are illegal in Massachusetts.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Also, I'm a home builder. Both neighborhoods I've worked in these past few months have gotten me to one conclusion: people seem to enjoy leaving their cars outside while their garage is littered with junk. Even people with expensive German cars just leave them outside.

I don't understand it at all. I have a 2003 Honda Civic, it's not worth much but is kept parked in the garage. I leave the windows open and the doors unlocked. I can leave stuff in the car and not worry about it.

If I had a basement there would be room in the garage, in areas like Texas you seldom find them.

Now I have made room for my wife's car...the other side is my workshop and ammo horde.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
You need a trunk monkey.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I can't be the only one who thought of this?!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
My bigger question is why you didnt ensure the sheriff found him, and if he made it to county depended on how skilled the emts where. I dunno bout you, but having a weapon in your car, and in all sane states you have a self defense case

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMC Hamlin -

“You deluded yourself, there is no place in America like that anymore.”

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. In my mind you are thinking the rest of the country is like where you live.

I don’t believe that to be the case

Posts: 2126 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
OMC Hamlin -

“You deluded yourself, there is no place in America like that anymore.”

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. In my mind you are thinking the rest of the country is like where you live.

I don’t believe that to be the case

I see a lot of people that agree with you weekly.

However, it is usually them saying it after their stuff has been stolen.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37061 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I see a lot of people that agree with you weekly.

However, it is usually them saying it after their stuff has been stolen.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I would like to know exactly where this type of crime doesn't exist. I'm figuring it has to be somewhere on the moon. Or in a gated community with machine gun emplacements to protect it. Or someplace where the terrain that is so rural that there is nothing to steal but pine cones.

Because the notion that "it doesn't happen here" is one of the dumbest I have ever read.

Got stuff worth stealing? Check.
Got people that use drugs? Check.

One plus one does equal two, and does equal means, motive and opportunity for theft of contents from vehicles.

But, we also live in a society to where it is perfectly acceptable to find love on the internet, meet a girl that is too good to be true, send her $50,000 in iTunes cards, and then contact the police when she stops returning your emails. I'm quite sure that people will say "Well, that doesn't happen here either". Yeah, for sure you must be living on a lunar colony. With no internet. And no online banking.

There are some naive people on this forum.

What is even stupider is the people that don't lock their doors because they don't want a window knocked out. I often ask them where they get their statistics and information at, and they say they "heard". The real statistics is that 1 out of every 4000 to 5000 vehicles attempted get a window knocked out, and usually it is by groups like the felony lane gang who see purses and computers laying on the seats.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37061 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are some naive people on this forum.

I agree some members live in Pleasantville. However there are also some frankly paranoid, overly suspicious individuals as well. {This is not directed at you.} You can take safety and situational awareness to the same level. Somewhere in the middle is nice.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i can direct you to a half dozen schools in the area , with 60 bikes in the racks, and maybe 5 -8 of them are locked up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post