SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I was bitten by a spider for the first time.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was bitten by a spider for the first time. Login/Join 
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Airgun. No projectile. Place muzzle near arachnid.

Poof.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:

Poof.

Ooh! I'll have to try that some time. Rubber bands shot off a ruler works well, too.

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

Posts: 1552 | Location: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Poof.

DON'T DO THAT WITH A SPRING PISTON AIRGUN.

If you have a spring piston gun, use several felt cleaning pellets.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
About 40 years ago, I lived in Las Vegas and under every kitchen cupboard was at least one Black Widow spider. My old Beagle seemed to have some kind of radar and found them often, and his head would swell to scary size when he got bit. Again and again. He just never seemed to get it. Leave them alone, and they will probably leave you alone too. One night I was watching TV and fell asleep. I woke up and felt something on my face, right above my lip. I swatted at it, and it bit me. My lip went almost totally numb, and swelled to the point I sounded like I was drunk. I didn't feel very well either, and called off work that night. I never got bit again, but the dopey dog did, every 3 months or so, off to the vet he went, head swollen up and walking like he was drunk. One time, he got attacked by a Newfoundland that outweighed him by 100+ pounds. Even as messed up as he was, he did some damage. The vet was impressed by his "balls", saying, "Wow, he's a tough old bastard, he'll fight anything!". He was a tough old bastard:

Challenger thats a good dog.
I cleaned the pic up a bit for you.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I use the strobe on my Fenix light to distract them, then suck them up with the hand vac.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:

Poof.

So then it's even more of a mess to clean up? No, thanks. Big Grin

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The delayed effect of a spider bite...

A spider bit me on my side, unknowlingly, a big raw wound developed, I had no idea what it was, figured it was cancer!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ How delayed are we talking here? It's been over a week and now the bite area suddenly hurts more.

In related news, a spider came to visit me while I was exercising today and I smacked it. I guess I'm a changed person.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Back to the airgun thing. I grew up before air conditioning. My brother and I lived upstairs. I had to have my window open or the temps would exceed 90 degrees even at night. So even the bugs would seek the cool outside air. I got tired of them surviving on me. You can only use a fly swatter on the screen so many times and it starts to deform. So I discovered my Benjamin pellet pistol made a lot of air. 2 drops of oil down the barrel didn't hurt the screen much, but it pushed the flys and whatever right through the mesh. Out of sight, out of mind.

All was going well until my dad decided to paint the house. He discovered an oil trail from my window down to the bricks and beyond. I guess I was a problem child. They liked my brother better. He slept in the back room with the fan. All the air would come up the stairs and bypass my room. It was just me and the bugs to fight it out. Then I wasn't allowed to kill the bugs.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i tend to leave siders alone as long as they're not bugging me we dont have poisonous spiders in nh the same goes for snakes i have black racers living under my farmer's porch they keep the mice and chipmunk population down

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
About 40 years ago, I lived in Las Vegas and under every kitchen cupboard was at least one Black Widow spider. My old Beagle seemed to have some kind of radar and found them often, and his head would swell to scary size when he got bit. Again and again. He just never seemed to get it. Leave them alone, and they will probably leave you alone too. One night I was watching TV and fell asleep. I woke up and felt something on my face, right above my lip. I swatted at it, and it bit me. My lip went almost totally numb, and swelled to the point I sounded like I was drunk. I didn't feel very well either, and called off work that night. I never got bit again, but the dopey dog did, every 3 months or so, off to the vet he went, head swollen up and walking like he was drunk. One time, he got attacked by a Newfoundland that outweighed him by 100+ pounds. Even as messed up as he was, he did some damage. The vet was impressed by his "balls", saying, "Wow, he's a tough old bastard, he'll fight anything!". He was a tough old bastard:

Challenger thats a good dog.
I cleaned the pic up a bit for you.

Thanks! If he was a "good dog", then this one was a "really good dog", he was smarter, more stubborn, and even less tolerant of any "shit" than old Farfel was:

I couldn't have named him better. King was the definition of "Boss Dog".

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:...a spider came to visit me while I was exercising today and I smacked it. I guess I'm a changed person.

That which doesn't kill you makes you wiser.

Have you put hairspray and a lighter on your shopping list?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is a good one sigmonkey Big Grin...well played sir, well played!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post