SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Two options for TV news: CNN or BBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two options for TV news: CNN or BBC Login/Join 
posted
Both are hard to watch, but I like knowing what's going on in the world.

I'm at the very nice Four Seasons in Shanghai starting a Viking cruise tour. WiFi is great, but I miss Fox News. Fox isn't perfect, but I'll take it any day over CNN and BBC.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I think the BBC or even Al Jazeera are less biased on American stories than CNN or most other US based networks.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
Sadly, I think the BBC or even Al Jazeera are less biased on American stories than CNN or most other US based networks.

Yep. Sadly I'd trust Al Jazeera over CNN.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all lies and propaganda. I have no use for any of it.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nothing is going on. Same stuff, different decade. My advice is get a good book and enjoy your break from the same-old same-old. Wink

If you must be kept informed, as long as you have the Internet, you can get to Fox News. If you must have Fox News video - they have apps for phone and tablet and a lot of video clips from their shows on their website.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Really, considering CNN as a news source, especially after recent evidence of staging and plain out lying about "news" is truly puzzling. I can see one watching for cheap laughs, but I'd rather be blissfully unaware than watch fake news. And I have less use for the BBC.

Seriously, if you're on vacation, perhaps tuning out would be the best option. And get your news from Sigforum; seriously, if anything is going down in the world, this place is on top of it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The person who thinks CNN is a reliable is the same person who hires a complete frat house as tenets and employees of a liquor store yet blames the police and school system for inventory discrepancies.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase Mark Twain:

"A person who doesn't watch the news is uninformed.
A person who watches the news is misinformed."

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBC or DW from Berlin.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBC app.

The reports from around the world make me appreciate being here more.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Left's plan worked with me. I haven't watched Fox since O'Reilly left . I've pretty much gone back to Andy Griffith.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post