SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Colonoscopy tomorrow.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colonoscopy tomorrow. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Just started drinking my Colyte at 1600hrs. One cup every ten minutes.

Rule#1: No. That is not a fart.

Rule#2: (For the dog) You'd best concentrate on your fucking dog food dish. There ain't gonna be no gourmet experiences today. Sorry!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Install seat belt on the commode.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm in there with the Kindle. This really sucks. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I'm in there with the Kindle. This really sucks. Frown

Sucks - or blows? Big Grin

Always remember Rule #1. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Look on the bright side. Soon you'll be able to swallow a white beach towel and pull it out the other end clean & dry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I had mine, I was on the throne texting my wife to bring me in water, there was no way in hell I was getting up...or wipin' till the majority was over...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah good times, I enjoyed the day before mine oh so much.

It is not so bad now that I am done with it for awhile... Big Grin

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Had one in May 2016. As the Doc was opening the lower colon, part of the colon ripped laterally. The next Doc removed 4 inches of colon. That was a nice 5 day hospital stay.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Mine was last summer. Glad to get it over with.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain! Im overdue for mine. And since my mom passed away from several conditions, including colon cancer, the doctors have me on an aggressive timeline just to make sure. Oh yeah Im 57 now and just got my first prostate exam this year. WOW.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I did mine last November, and it's the 4th prep I've done (2 colonoscopy's, 2 surgeries).

It was the gentlest prep yet, but it was the longest prep yet. Took my first drug at dinner two days before, and I was crapping up until 90 minutes before the colonscopy. I wouldn't want to do that long of prep again.

My 2013 prep before surgery was much better. Started at 6 PM the day before, and was orders of magnitude less violent than my 90s colonoscopy prep.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Had one a few years ago, I had no problem with it except for that nasty shit I had to drink. Hope all goes well for ya.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I've had four so far.
The prep is worse than the procedure.
You will be just fine.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a pain in the ass Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good luck and oh thanks, Frown you just reminded me I am two months late scheduling mine for the once every three years event. Where does the time go?

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Eat a couple of Taco Bell tacos, and a burrito, that will clean you out faster, and more complete than anything else.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
Look on the bright side. Soon you'll be able to swallow a white beach towel and pull it out the other end clean & dry.

Well there is THAT to look forward to. My next one is Monday afternoon.

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Going in tomorrow to schedule mine up...

I cant wait.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck Jim!
Had mine last month. [FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QI1go72c5H8 [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Had my "age 70" probing tube job in February. Prep as always sucks the big wahzoo! Frown

Best of luck to all those in the queue!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post