SIGforum
Another yellow jacket thread, this time in my pants

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2270055844

October 19, 2018, 05:10 PM
asonie
Another yellow jacket thread, this time in my pants
That's right, I'm sitting on my couch minding my own freaking business and the little asshole crawled up my leg then proceeded to sting me repeatedly after I decided to investigate what exactly it was moving around in there. I'm wearing long socks so I didn't notice it right away.

At least I caught it at my knee before it got any further. Eek
October 19, 2018, 05:21 PM
P220 Smudge
That's extra "nope" drizzled on a "nope Sundae." Evil little shits....

October 19, 2018, 06:25 PM
Mars_Attacks
I was mowing last weekend and got nailed.

It was unconditional war afterwards with foaming yellow jacket killer.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
October 19, 2018, 07:00 PM
Orguss
Hopefully that's the only one you find inside your house. Eek

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
October 20, 2018, 07:24 PM
Chris Anchor
Nasty little girls they are. Chris
October 21, 2018, 07:02 AM
sybo
I got nailed while push mowing some of the rough stuff a couple years ago. They got all up in my pants and shirt. Bastages just keep on stinging! I was screaming like a girl runnin down the street. I was told it was funny. SUCKED!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,
October 21, 2018, 08:30 AM
vthoky
Tiny flying Satans. Mad

God bless America.
October 21, 2018, 12:02 PM
msfzoe
Nasty little flying bastids.
One entered my house recently and all three kitties went wild.
Leaping, jumping and persisting until the invader was vanquished.
I think it was eaten, by Aspen, a year old Maine coon mix.
October 21, 2018, 05:13 PM
vthoky
Please give Aspen a few extra head rubbings. Cool

God bless America.
October 21, 2018, 11:30 PM
Rey HRH
I'm sorry I laughed. I probably wouldn't if it happened to me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
October 22, 2018, 12:46 AM
sigmonkey
I don't know how much gasoline is needed to kill a nest of those little yellow bastards, in the rootbase of a dead oak tree, but I know how much I used...

And, it It takes 27 minutes to schlep 15 gallons 100 yards using a 5 gallon gas can, a siphon and pouring it all in the nest before the ginormous "FWOOOOMPPP!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
October 22, 2018, 05:31 PM
vthoky
Sigmonkey, I just wanna know how far away you needed to be before lighting the match on that ginormous Fwoooomppp.

Just in case I might want to think about maybe considering duplicating such an event. Sometime. Maybe. Wink

God bless America.
October 22, 2018, 05:37 PM
Aquabird
I got stung in the finger on Friday. I did not see what it was, but pulled a 1/4" black claw like stinger out.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
October 28, 2018, 03:23 PM
asonie
I found the nest. Tonight there will be blood and fire.

Well maybe not fire. It’s a little close to the house, just in a corner I don’t visit too often.
October 28, 2018, 05:17 PM
phydough
I'll be the first to admit.....I thought this thread was going to be about colored condoms. Eek
October 29, 2018, 06:13 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
I found the nest.

Give 'em hell, asonie!!

God bless America.