SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Darn Deer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darn Deer Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We had seven deer on the property this morning. I expect to find a few damaged trees today.

Posts: 10340 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now you might have moved into their natural habitat or others somewhere else moved in maybe nearby and they have to go somewhere to eat. Now before you get mad at me you can thank some of the animal rights promoters that try and discourge hunting/trapping which can cause over population . In some states more deer are killed by auto/trucks accidents than are legally taken by hunters. Have been a legal hunter/ fisherman in (Louisiana/Mississippi/Alaska) so take it easy on me. And I understand the problems that the animals can cause to private as well as public property. .......................drill sgt.

Posts: 274 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The deer in the Yoop are mainly hood ornaments. An accessory your motorcycle doesn't need.

I’ve killed two this way, and lived to tell about it. They are all over in SW PA.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10272 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I wish all deer in Louisiana would vanish. You have to watch out for them on the roads at night. Girlfriend was a newspaper distributor for over 30 years. The last 20 she hit or they hit her 17 damn deer. When you're on all the country roads all night 7 nights a week you see all kinds of stuff. And at home I used to have a huge garden but that all ended about 25 years ago because the deer showed up and would eat everything.

Posts: 12557 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They are destroying everything here too.

The future Mrs. is a gardener... Lots of flowers and plants, and we did some Tomatoes and Peppers too.

They left them alone for a while, then starting two weeks ago they came and destroyed everything.

We put out a motion activated water sprinkler, a motion activated Ultrasonic thing that is supposed to scare them, liquid fence (smells like Death's asshole), wire cages, literal human hair, and coyote urine crystals.

They didn't care at all, still came and ate it all.

I have thrown tennis balls at them (hit is square in the rump and it still didn't run) shot them with airsoft guns (still didn't run).

I dunno what to do.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 32779 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
We've had problem with deer this year, more than ever. Bastards are eating our hostas damn near to the dirt, ate all the buds of our tiger lillies, and now eating my peas and beans in the garden! There are three of them! Two nice little legal shooters for deer season, lol! And, yes I hunt and live in the country. So, fair game this year!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2461 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post