SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Game camera pictures: post yours, too.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game camera pictures: post yours, too. Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I have a lot of deer in my neighborhood. I've seen as many as 13 in my yard at one time. Lately, I've had three good sized bucks coming and feeding at my bird feeder. I also throw out feed corn. So I bought my first game camera to try and capture some nighttime photos.

I bought a Browning-brand Recon Force Edge. It seemed to have everything I wanted and was fairly compact and would mount on a small tripod nicely. It's made in Thailand, and if Thai-made Nikons are any indication, they build good cameras. I put it on a $9 compact tripod from Walmart.

https://browningtrailcameras.c...cts/recon-force-edge

Here's my first game/trail camera picture ever:

Some more:

And this is one of the three bigger bucks that come to my yard:

All in all, I got 132 pictures. Lesson learned; I set it up way too close to the food. I need to move it away about 15 to 20 feet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Got some better pics last night:

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the second set is way better.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I was just assuming that the buck in the last picture in my first post and the first picture in the second post were the same buck. But the antlers are different. So it appears I got two of the big 3 that regularly visit my birdfeeder. Hopefully I'll get the third tonight.

posted Hide Post
E-mail me when the bears show up.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54485 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Got a few good ones from the last 6 weeks or so.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'd like to get a bobcat. So far, the neighbor's cat is the best I've done.

I threw out a little cat food last night to try and attract one of the many foxes we have in our neighborhood. I got the car above, and several deer that came by to graze on the cat food and acorns.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

These are from a couple of years ago.

Since I applied for my lifetime license, I may put the camera out again this year and see if that big bastard is still around.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Now that's a rack.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
another young stud... this one from my backyard

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post

The Hogs have run off the deer that where there a couple of months ago. Going up Tuesday (I already Voted) and going to try and stick an arrow in that big one if he shows. They've been regulars for over a month.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hray,

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1135 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1135 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Nice Mt Lion. Eek

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
last years

Posts: 1595 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Bucks are being Camera shy so Far this year But he Girls are Showing up For the Gallery parade

Posts: 1595 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
These were actually from 10/30/20. I must have changed the date when I was trying to correct the time.

Here's a spike that I have never seen before:

And one of my regular 8 pointers:

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Finally got him on Camera

Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
All these pics have me ready for season to open.

Michael

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mdblanton,

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Nice bucks.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
This morning's visitors (date is wrong):