SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Upgraded my ride.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgraded my ride. Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
As I mentioned in a previous thread about motor (and other kinds of) oil I recently put my trusty 2013 Mustang v6 auto out to pasture after 182,700 miles and replaced it with a 2013 Mustang BOSS 302. I found one with one owner, only minor damage reported, and 1656 miles on it ( Eek).

After a day of figuring out the clutch (first manual trans car; only other one I've driven was a friend's Veloster for an hour a week before I got to pick it up) I got to a point where I wouldn't suggest drinking in the car, but I was largely functional. Now I'm a lot better at working the clutch smoothly, but I still have a long way to go.

This thing is a MONSTER. It's everything I wanted my V6 to be, and I think, a bit more. Here's to another 9 years and many more miles to come.

Photos; enjoy!

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Cue the Ray Charles I can't see shit gif

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with school bus yellow,I dig the color.
When I was powder coating my 44 cal boolets I chose that color

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it - congrats on the new Mustang!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice ride - and it's a manual !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Great looking car! I’ve always loved Mustangs! I hope you don’t mind me putting the pics up for people to see without having to click the link.

Good on ya for getting the stick!!! Manual > everything else

This engine looks so damn good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Stickman, not at all!

This thing is beyond fun to drive. I've never had a car that could break free in the rain if I pushed it too hard before (that was a fun day).

The BOSS didn't come in auto. That's good, because it's something I've wanted to learn/do for a long time. I'm just happy I was able to find a time capsule in my favorite Mustang body style.

I've got a couple of things I'd like to do to the car, like tint and possibly ceramic coat (I also need to get my hands on the stuff to get the red key activated), but outside of that this thing is going to stay mostly stock for the moment (never gonna get a super, don't wanna dirty up that gorgeous engine bay).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3346 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
That Pony has it all. 302 Boss, right color, stick ......... looks NEW. BEAUTIFUL, drive it in good health. John.

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice! My earlier Mustangs (1966 and 1986) had manual transmissions, and I still know how to drive one, but my later ones (rebuilt 1966 and 2006) are automatic. With a bum right leg and city traffic, that has been a blessing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nice car. I've got a '68 with a 302. It's got some get up and go.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
OP, nice BOSS. Looks great in orange.

My college roommate has a project '66 coupe with a 302, with a 347 stroker on the stand. Last I saw it, it ran, but was pretty rough.

His dad has a 2005 Roush 427R. The blower sounds like a banshee at WOT.
435hp, IRC. Not a ton compared to a new Coyote 5.0, but the Roush handles so well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WASIGP226
posted Hide Post
Very nice car, congrats.

And let me enthusiastically echo Stickman...manual > everything else.

Posts: 6068 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!

Reading your thread had me having flashbacks to my 1967 289cid HP red Mustang. Only 'Stang I ever owned but I enjoyed the hell out of it until it got totaled.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Very, very nice! My earlier Mustangs (1966 and 1986) had manual transmissions, and I still know how to drive one, but my later ones (rebuilt 1966 and 2006) are automatic. With a bum right leg and city traffic, that has been a blessing.

flashguy

My left leg gives me issues sometimes. We still haven't completely figured it out a couple of years in past a pinched nerve. the clutch is built in PT.

Automatics have come a long way. My dad kept knocking me for trying to get a manual because
the autos are so good these days.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure I can do anything else. Muscle memory has awakened, and now my left foot is looking for the clutch (with hilarious results when it finds the brakes). I love it.

So, per the badge on the engine cover this is #2734 of some 4,400 total. In doing some further research I found that it's also one of 851 BOSS 302's in School Bus Yellow, and of those one of 801 that were configured with the Recaro seats and Torsen helical LSD. I'm probably also the only person in the area with the yellow (I know there's another '13 BOSS in red that I've seen around town).

As it turns out, my aunt knows the owner of Unleashed Tuning, so she got me hooked up with him and I've got a tuner on the way. That, the K&N filter from the old car, and a tint job should have me right where I want with the car for now (sans a complete fluid swap). I might add a Shelby clutch reservoir down the road.

posted Hide Post
I recently sold my 2012 Boss. Awesome car, just not getting enough use anymore. Truly one of the most entertaining modern muscle cars. I had the track key with mine, and despite laws and nanny warnings reminding me it is for track use, I almost always used the track key for all driving. The car was brutally fun.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
The car was brutally fun.

Something I'm finding out myself.

Busy weekend - I thought I'd damaged something so I had a ridealong with both the Ford master mechanic and drivetrain expert at my local dealer (Landers) Friday after getting new tires on the front (rears hadn't arrived yet). Turns out what I thought was a transmission problem was actually a traction problem - I was riding on factory tires, and I'm pretty sure the traction control system was throttling me pretty hardcore. 4 new Goodyear Eagle Exhilirates and $1600 later I'm good to go. Saturday I got the windows tinted, and washed it.

What a difference the tint makes. Cooler interior, way nicer exterior looks, and best of all I can drive without sunglasses during the day.

The only planned exterior mod I have left is to replace the glass in the mirrors with the panels that have the convex mirrors in the corner. I have a few things I want to do to the drivetrain (Calimer Stage 1 or 2, MGW shifter, McLeod RST clutch, braided steel clutch line), but I'm waiting on the transmission to start giving me issues for everything past fluid swaps. I might add a separate clutch reservoir (Shelby makes one for $200 that's practically a bolt on), but I haven't decided yet.

posted Hide Post
The yellow will always be my favorite color. Looks great.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking car. Congratulations!

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Looks even better with the windows tinted! Very nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21051 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm nearing 9,000 miles, and I'm starting to get the hang of the transmission. I had upshifting figured out in the first week, but downshifting is proving to be a little bit more challenging (I can do it, just not exactly smoothly). Combat boots aren't the best for heel-toe shifting, it would seem. Too restrictive in the ankle.

It is definitely a hoot to drive. Night and day compared to my blue V6, that's for sure. I absolutely love the suspension - it's what I wish the V6 felt like from day 1, even if it's factory lowered (the one thing I dislike).