SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I love this time of year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love this time of year Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
39 degrees, clear blue sky above, pea soup fog below. Leaves turning. Invisible geese coming off the river and honking their way through the fog. Elk bugling in the distance. A steaming cup of coffee and a good cigar.

It doesn't get any better.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous photos, guys. I love the west and the mountains and spend a lot of time wishing that I could find a way to move out there. But this time of year is nice even in the flat farm country of Indiana...this was the view out walking the dog tonight and I had to stop for a pic:

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took a75 mile road trip for lunch today.
The big trees were nice but the smaller trees were 40% green and 60% glorious oranges and brilliant reds.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54478 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Hiked Salamonie State Forest today outside of Lagro, IN. On the way home we stopped at this big rock overlook by the Wabash river that I had never been to before. While we were up there, a bald eagle flew over...didn't get a picture of him, but even without the view was pretty impressive.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
My favorite season! Here's my back yard today in western Michigan:

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Absolutely a favorite time of year. Gets me out chasing color, visiting places I hadn't been in a year.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, after 24 hours of a very steady rain,
The yards ,streets and driveways are substantially more colorful .

Now for six months of barren fields and skeleton trees.

We in the Midwest are a strange sort.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54478 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I know this is a hackneyed way to ask this, but is it me, or are we having particularly beautiful fall colors this year? I've heard certain weather conditions will promote nicer colors--is that it? I live in Chicago and I've been struck several times, even driving home from work today.

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
I know this is a hackneyed way to ask this, but is it me, or are we having particularly beautiful fall colors this year? I've heard certain weather conditions will promote nicer colors--is that it? I live in Chicago and I've been struck several times, even driving home from work today.

I'm about 2 hours from you, and I've noticed it as well. It may be that this is my first fall in 6 years that I haven't been working night shift, where you don't see any color at all, but it does seem to have been particularly vibrant this fall. I've greatly enjoyed it.

posted Hide Post
Very nice pics and beautiful landscape. If you wouldn't mind, could you send some of that countryside down here to Florida?

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
after damn IAN we are going to move North should have moved after IRMA but we are stupid

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2253 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post