SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    92FStech Family Summer Wyoming Road Trip
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

92FStech Family Summer Wyoming Road Trip Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Yipes!

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13079 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Yep, lots of fires around Wyo & into Mt right now. Happens every time there is a long, hot summer. Have a few right near me in Gillette.
Glad you & your family were able to get out this way again.
I'm originally from central/eastern Mt & have spent untold days in the Beartooths. It's definitely worth the time. In my 20's I lived in western Wyo for a few years & it's breathtaking to say the least. Most of that time was in & around Jackson hole, south of the park.
Agree with some comments from above. If you've never been here, you don't know what your missing.
Beautiful family & dog. Glad you trip was mostly trouble free. Next time your around Gillette, get ahold of me. Would love to meet up for a short hello.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 720 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Yep, lots of fires around Wyo & into Mt right now. Happens every time there is a long, hot summer. Have a few right near me in Gillette.
Glad you & your family were able to get out this way again.
I'm originally from central/eastern Mt & have spent untold days in the Beartooths. It's definitely worth the time. In my 20's I lived in western Wyo for a few years & it's breathtaking to say the least. Most of that time was in & around Jackson hole, south of the park.
Agree with some comments from above. If you've never been here, you don't know what your missing.
Beautiful family & dog. Glad you trip was mostly trouble free. Next time your around Gillette, get ahold of me. Would love to meet up for a short hello.

The Beartooths are definitely happening at some point...not sure exactly when, but they're on the short list. I'm currently debating if we use all of my vacation time next year to drive to AK, or split it up and do a couple of shorter trips. If so, one of those might be a quick jaunt out that way to climb Cloud Peak with my son and brother.

We actually spent an unscheduled day and night in Gillette in 2020 when the fuel pump died about 20 miles west of there on I90. We had to get towed back into town, and they dropped us and the trailer off at a place called the "Crazy Woman Campground" in town while they worked on the truck. Cost me $1200. This was during the height of covid and all the social distancing stuff, so there wasn't much to do, but we did get to check out the Rock Hound museum across the street, which was pretty interesting, and I got pooped on by a bird while we were making supper. It just so happened that was also our 15 year anniversary...made some memories we'll never forget, lol. I held my breath driving through Gillette this time, but we made it through with no mechanical issues so the curse must be broken and we'd be safe to stop off and say hi the next time we come through Smile.

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post