SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Old Shotguns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Shotguns Login/Join 
posted
Playing with some lighting again, and used a couple of older side by sides.

Above a Husquvarna, the below is a J P Sauer and Sohn.

The Sauer is pretty much just for looks, with short chambers, Damascus barrels and a stock repair, but the Husky gets out to the trap field when I have time to go. Tons of fun, fits me well enough to be fun, and about 38.95% classier than the next guy!

Bill R

Posts: 1137 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
stylophiles-

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF?
Your past 10 posts in the Gallery are all beautiful antiques! And the scrolling / engraving was awesome back then!
You have a phenomenal collection!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8518 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
stylophiles-

WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF?
Your past 10 posts in the Gallery are all beautiful antiques! And the scrolling / engraving was awesome back then!

Luck, mostly…

I think the Sauer was from Simpson LTD years ago. If I remember right, the Husquvarna was a GB auction that went low. For a while I was “collecting” side by sides when they were relatively cheap.

Bill R

Posts: 1137 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat the elegance of those old side by sides. They all just resonate class.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1896 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:

THIS!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:

THIS!!!

I am entering this statement into evidence for presentation to the wife..

Bill R

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Excellent details!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Nice job on the lighting.

Posts: 18139 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The patina is amazing on that pic of the side by side

Posts: 11 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: February 04, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pieces.

Posts: 2709 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a really cool old leather takedown shotgun case at a garage sale to hang in my Bourbon room.

It would be even cooler with that Husky in it.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post