SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I know I shouldn't have...but ! (Sig P365XL)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know I shouldn't have...but ! (Sig P365XL) Login/Join 
Picture of lt.speirs
posted
Hello fellas !

Well just sharing here my last gift to myself.

I have been into SIG for many years (yeah being in Switzerland helps I know) and when the P320 came to the market it was also a game changer for me.

I have been training and shooting Glocks for self defense for years, but never felt completely good with them. The P320 changed that, and after using a P320 Tacops Carry with TB, I also got myself a X5 Legion with the DeltaPoint Pro.

I have been following Sig Sauer USA releases quite a lot (yeah since it's not swiss anymore, for a long time...) and there is one little gun that really caught my eye lately, and it was the P365XL Spectre Comp.

I know. This little one is loved or hated because of the "comp" chamber and the price tag. In addition, here it doesn't really make sense to buy such pistols since CCW permits are so hard to obtain. But still I couldn't manage not to like this little one. And as you probably know, not all the models are making their way to Europe because in many EU countries now they are putting more and more shitty gun laws to prohibit people getting semi-autos for example. Switzerland is one of the only remaining country where it's still quite easy.

So anyway couple of weeks ago my gunsmith got 2 of those Spectre Comp, one was ordered for a customer, and he took a second one for display. And when I handled it, I knew I needed one... The grip fits really good in my hands (I have medium/large hands so the grip was perfect). The stippling job feels great,I just digged the work on the slide, and the contrast with the titanium gold was beautiful.

So two days ago I went back and picked it up, along a Holosun 507k to go on it, and to be honest, it has been a really long time since I haven't been so excited by a new gun I purchased.

To be completely honest, I don't know yet if the upgrades are worth the difference in price, because here I could get a P365XL and a P320 for the price of this little one. P365XL and P320 standard retail both around 950$. The 3 only Spectre Comp I saw were selling for 1850 to 2100$ without optic.

So it's really a "gucci" gun, not really necessary, but just one of those things that you still drop the money on because you really like it and you tell yourself you only live once.

Today I'm heading to the range for the first shots and I will give some thoughts about it after that.

Enjoy the pics in the meantime !

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. I hope it shoots well. Congratulations on a very fine looking purchase.

Now you just need a beautiful RGrizzle leather holster to compliment that fine handgun.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats,it looks nice

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Yes, you should have.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice setup - enjoy. I’ve been very happy with the Holosun on my P365X.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post