SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Post your GI 1911's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your GI 1911's Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Recently retook some photos of my 1911's (more to come).
1944 Ithaca

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
US&S 1911 very rare gun only 50,000 made who knows how many survived?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Remington Rand from 1944 with 1944 Boyt holster.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Yes, the grand, old warhorse whose legacy thrives today - love it!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4016 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Made in 1918 and carried by this member of the Medical Corps in France. The captain was a surgeon (assigned to a Base Hospital), so this was more of a badge of rank than something fired in anger, but still a great historical piece handed down to me by my father.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Made in 1913, re-arsendaled in 1942.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34103 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pullicords- wonder about your made in 1918 comment. A Springfield armory slide and what looks to be frame would have been made before 1918 ( SA stopped production if I recall in late 16 as rifle production was a higher priority, and never resumed when the us entered ww1)
Like to see more detailed pictures including serial number please

Posts: 3282 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I got bitten by the GI 1911 bug about 4 years ago. Bad.

1914 Springfield

1918 Colt

1918 Colt Black Army

1918 Colt Black Army. This one has a soul!

1941 Colt A1

1943 Colt A1

1943 Remington Rand A1

1945 Remington Rand A1

1943 Ithaca A1

US&S slide on an Ithaca frame A1. Anybody have a US&S frame with an Ithaca slide? Big Grin

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I wish I could find the long GI grip safety for mine. Even though it has the short hammer, it still bites.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34103 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post