July 11, 2016, 08:35 PM
brminpin
A revival of the Watch thread
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Laptop:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Got a close up?

Neat watch, especially if you're a fan of Subaru STI's. I am a big Subaru fan myself, although I don't have my WRX and Legacy any longer.
July 12, 2016, 10:04 AM
at-home-daddy
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

Quick shot of my new Trident. Going to be my daily watch. My Seiko Orange Monster will be my rough duty watch.

That's a beautiful watch...congrats. Here's a great, well-lit shot of it that really shows off its detail (img is too big to repost, but this is the page):

https://www.christopherward.co...ident-pro-600-0debcf
July 12, 2016, 10:13 AM
jhe888
Thanks. I like the red bezel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
July 15, 2016, 03:39 PM
Coldbore

July 15, 2016, 06:10 PM
Coldbore
+1

July 17, 2016, 01:43 AM
copaup
Obligatory wrist shot...

July 22, 2016, 12:29 PM
dewhorse
quote:
Originally posted by Coldbore:

Very nice
July 22, 2016, 04:02 PM
ThankGod4Sig
Rare Steinhart World Traveler.

& S&W 3913

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para
July 22, 2016, 04:44 PM
JasonATI
Picked up this one, better picture than I could take.

July 22, 2016, 05:25 PM
jhe888
That is a nice, clean GMT.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
July 22, 2016, 06:21 PM
BoomDoc
A little bot of EDC love...

July 22, 2016, 06:52 PM
rduckwor
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:

Possibly the best looking TAG I have ever seen. their styling usually leaves me cold, but this one is classic, understated, and spot on. Beautiful.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
July 22, 2016, 08:47 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:

Great looking watch, excellent choice!

Regards, Will G.
July 23, 2016, 01:55 AM
just1tym
A better photo of the Everest leather bands on a stainless Sub. The band includes the metal link at the end of the band that fits between the lugs.

Regards, Will G.
July 23, 2016, 06:09 AM
Marlin Fan
just1tym - Do you have a link for the Everest leather bands?
July 23, 2016, 06:17 AM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
just1tym - Do you have a link for the Everest leather bands?

Here you go! I purchased one for mine and it was a great fit, and easy to install with the right tools. Which btw, they also sell if you need them. Not really cheap but very well constructed.
Everest Bands

Regards, Will G.
July 23, 2016, 10:09 AM
Marlin Fan
Too bad they are only for Rolex!!
July 24, 2016, 01:41 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by just1tym:
A better photo of the Everest leather bands on a stainless Sub. The band includes the metal link at the end of the band that fits between the lugs.

Added a pic of mine after installation to view it with a 2-tone..

Regards, Will G.
July 24, 2016, 01:59 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Too bad they are only for Rolex!!

Yea, sorry about that. When I do my search for a leather band for Rolex it took me to the Everest link and I never looked at the site to see if they made them for other brands, though if it was the same distance between the lugs like the great looking Tag Heller posted above it looks like it may work if the case is the same size i.e.: 40mm. I'd ask an Everest rep first.

Regards, Will G.
July 24, 2016, 08:22 PM
46and2
There are custom strap makers who hang out in the other watch nerd forums, who will make you one for most any watch. I had two made slightly oversize on purpose, for example, where - strictly speaking - the lugs were only 20mm apart, but I had them make mine as though it was 22mm wide but notched to fit, for a slightly wider/beefier profile.

In both cases it was $75-100/ea, for a brown one made from a vintage Swiss Army ammo bag where you can still see some of the original stamped nomenclature in the strap, and a black one where I specified the exact color of the leather and the color of the stitching... IIRC, it was only about $50/ea extra beyond a few pre-made straps I was looking at.