SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Man, that Geophysic is nice looking.

Here is the Jaeger LeCoulter for me. I love a moon phase complication.

classy.

I'm a sucker for fire blued hands. I think it goes back to my past love of guns. The Colt 1911A1 pre-war I had. And a pre-64 Winchester M70 in 30-06. Both were amply blued. Smile

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I've always called that nitre bluing

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Shipping out today. Wanted one for years. Got it this summer and loved it. It is a really great watch, but wears a bit heavy for a work (office) watch. and I really don't dig a day/date for casual. and I scored a Speedmaster right after I got it.. and I want sUmptin' else. and so...

She ships out today. a final salute.

Ghasp! Down to three!... for the moment. Razz

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What three are left, rOgue?

The Speedy? Do you still have the Explorer?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What three are left, rOgue?
The Speedy? Do you still have the Explorer?

Yep! Speedmaster, Explorer and Zenith El Primero. I have the Explorer listed on TZ and plan to list the El Primero soon. I have a watch inbound. It's a surprise. You'll see it next week! Smile

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My first beater watch since 1999. G Shock Atomic 6 band, Solar analog. AWGM100A-1A First one I saw in person, price was GOOD. Brought it home, set it up. Discovered that the store had placed the wrong Barcode tag on the box, which was for a much cheaper G Shock. Called the store...no problem, their error, keep it!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wearing this one (Seiko 5 automatic) as my beater again. Just wearing the Tag on nicer occasions.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with a G-Shock or Seiko. I'm a huge Seiko fan.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Can't go wrong with a G-Shock or Seiko. I'm a huge Seiko fan.

Words of true wisdom. Some amazing watches for the money.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
I wore my Seiko Solar Chrono pheasant and chukar hunting this weekend. I do not wear this one often enough.

Posts: 186 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Seiko 5 automatic)

My everyday work watch, identical to yours.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Picked up a UTC watch this weekend. Techné brand with a GP11 Miyota movement.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Hey if you guys need straps WatchPrince.com has 35% the entire store right now.

I got a NATO-ish strap for my Monster and a Hirsch Liberty for my Apple Watch.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for this Citizen Avion pilot to be delivered. Looks not bad for only $140.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Union Glashutte, Julius Bergter edition, 1 out of 200 manufactured.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
I'm waiting for this Citizen Avion pilot to be delivered. Looks not bad for only $140.

Interesting dial design. The raised ring would reduce parallax error when looking at the watch at an angle, although I would have made the seconds hand and the minutes hand longer.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
although I would have made the seconds hand and the minutes hand longer.

I think I would have made the second hand differently altogether; that very thin black with orange tip just doesn't quite stand out enough to me. My Seiko 5 has a thin, luminous white hand with red tip and, while I like the luminous white part, I'm not actually fond of the red tip.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann: My Seiko 5 has a thin, luminous white hand with red tip and, while I like the luminous white part, I'm not actually fond of the red tip.

Interesting. I thought only the disk on the seconds hand was luminous.

I agree about the red part. Some people like it, some don't. I'm one of the latter.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Interesting. I thought only the disk on the seconds hand was luminous.

I agree about the red part. Some people like it, some don't. I'm one of the latter.

It's backwards. Or, at least, I think it is. I am left-handed so, well...

I should say, I really like the looks of that Citizen other than the second hand.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Union Glashutte, Julius Bergter edition

Love the blued hands