SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How can 30 and 09 be across from each other on the bezel?

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Seiko + “swiss movement” = hmmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Are Doxa watches any good?

I've had a couple and had no problems. They cost an arm and leg and you're paying primarily for the name and appearance. But they're fine if you can afford them. Easy to flip and not lose much money if any at all.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was more or less unaware of Doxa until recently. I was watching Sahara, a movie I’d seen many times before BUT I was watching it now as a BIG TIME watch enthusiast so one scene caught my attention. Before, when I was content with my G-shock this scene went by and I never paid attention to his watch. This last time I saw it and I was like wait a minute! What is that Orange diver that looks like it’s on a beads of rice bracelet!? I like it!

That got me to do some digging and I began to like what I found. The Doxa that was used in Sahara is gorgeous!

Doxa watch owners feel free to tell me about your watches. What models to you like? Which models do you think might retain their value best? I kinda want to get an orange or yellow Doxa now. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
How can 30 and 09 be across from each other on the bezel?
It's not 09, it's 60.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Swiss movement in a Seiko??? That's a pretty "rare" watch.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I follow a few Seiko mod groups and came across this today. I have the same blue waffle texture dial Samurai and never really warmed up to it. Maybe all I need to do is swap out he bezel insert? I’m really digging this modded Samurai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Don't we have a member who is a big Doxa fan? He has a lovely pale blue model, as well as the traditional orange ones.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Doxa watch owners feel free to tell me about your watches. What models to you like? Which models do you think might retain their value best? I kinda want to get an orange or yellow Doxa now. Big Grin

Stickmam I like all of mine and would be pretty hard to say what my favorite would be. I’ll wear one for a month or so straight, sleep with it too. Then I’ll think I need to wear another one and that one becomes my favorite for a while. There are subtle differences between them not including the 5000T COSC as that’s pretty obvious. For example my pro 1000T COSC has micro seconds compared to my 1200t and 300t

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Here's a little game. No prize, just glory.

Guess what new watch I have on order. Nothing super deluxe, and something fairly newly available.

Cheers, and may the best guesser win.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s not a Helm Vanuatu because the preorder window doesn’t open up until later this week. Hmmmm

Is it one of those newer Capt’n Willard Seiko divers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Blue Tudor BB58? Possibly too super deluxe, but it's the only thing that comes to mind as newly available. Maybe the Seiko Capt. Willard??..

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Are they out yet? I remember July was the original release date but I assumed there might be a slight delay.

I’m going to get one of those Capt’n Willards just as soon as I can decide on green or black for the dial. Decisions decisions Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You are on the right track with the Willard, but that isn't it.

I do like the Black Bays, and while they aren't super deluxe, this is not that deluxe.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Is it the new Stingray dial Seiko?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Garmin D2 Delta?

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh I know. It’s one of those limited edition Seiko Presage 1964 throwbacks right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Stickman428, you are getting closer. It should be here in a week or so.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
JHE888 Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/IYKBXut7_cI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Speaking of things in the works, I have a two tone YG 2004 vintage Turnograph with silver dial in the works.

Bracelet was never used, so it's NIB, watch got 3 ~ 4 years of use, then stored.

Box and papers from original owner who is a friend of mine.

I most prefer the black dial and also the WG version, but the deal is good and the watch is like new and has the 3135.

The silver dial with roman numerals in the chapter ring and gold indices for markers is really nice on this, good layout, very legible.

Probably going to pull the trigger tonight.

Posts: 2832 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post