SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some airliner photos (Pic heavy)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some airliner photos (Pic heavy) Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted
Tried out my new 90D and Sigma 80-400mm lens near Logan Airport this past week. Here are some sample shots.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! You got some cool perspectives...and way more interesting traffic than we get around here. I really like the head-on of the Spirit A320 taking off with the jet wash and buildings in the background.

I used to be big into commercial aviation photography back in HS when I lived in Europe (by "big into" I mean I enjoyed it...not that I had the money for equipment or skills to be good at it, lol). I collected postcards...still have a couple of binders full. When I came back to the US for college, I moved to the sticks...nearest commercial airports are over an hour away, and they're served by regional jets from just a couple of airlines...so the hobby kinda died out. I still hit up airliners.net pretty regularly, though.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I do love airliners.net, I actually just submitted the first and third photos in this thread to them, we'll see in a couple weeks if they accept them or not.

I'm hoping the weather cooperates the rest of the week after I get off work so I can get back out there and take some more. I'd like to take some on the actual airport property but you need a photo permit Roll Eyes

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Nice looking photos on planes.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Caught Southwest's Arizona One coming into Logan last week. A big surprise since I've never seen it here, although it does pop in infrequently. Probably one of my favorite aircrafts.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
While I get to see a lot of Southwests aircraft, they aren't quite as colorful. That baby I would know if I saw it.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
These are great! Worthy of posting them on airliners.net!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
These are great! Worthy of posting them on airliners.net!

Heh. I wish, but their screening staff are incredibly strict.

But I do appreciate the compliment!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
To pair with Arizona One above.
Shot this one at DIA last year. Cell phone shot from the United Club, so not the greatest, as it was pretty far when I noticed it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
To pair with Arizona One above.

I do love how Southwest goes all out with their special liveries, it's a shame that more companies don't.

Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I never paid that much attention to how Airplanes looked,these are some nice looking pictures.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Probably the #2 on my list of planes I wanted to catch: American Airlines' America West heritage plane.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Name the film ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
And the last one on my list. The Herb Kelleher. One of only two planes left in SWA's original Desert Gold livery.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice photos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post