SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Custom holsters - Milt Sparks & Other custom makers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom holsters - Milt Sparks & Other custom makers Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Heck, yeah - that is excellent all-around! Congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Some 1980s-vintage gunleather from Davis Leather Company, said to have been crafted by the late Gordon Davis himself (this leather is new-to-me, having purchased it from the original buyer).

With the Browning Hi Power, I’m finding that the Davis Liberty OWB holster shown rides better for me than did a similar example I tried a while back for a full-size 1911.

Note the magazine orientation on the double-mag pouch - thought I’d keep the old-school vibe of this leather alive with that haha…

Davis Leather is still an active entity and I like what current work of theirs I’ve seen, though it is cool to have some goods made by the man himself.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Here's another 1980's vintage holster from G.Wm Davis. This one was purchased by me for a 3" barreled S&W Model 66, pictured here with some Rosewood stocks made by Deacon Deason. Beneath the holster made by Mr. Davis is a holster crafted by the current company operating under his name. I think their work is up to his standards. This "Liberty" carries my Wilson Combat EDC X9.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ @pulicords - wow! Excellence all-around, both old- and newer-school!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired a Nighthawk “Colt Hawk,” and the seller thoughtfully included some vintage gunleather from the late Bruce Nelson: a “#1 Professional” holster (precursor to the likes of the Milt Sparks 55BN, the Bianchi Askins Avenger, and similar holsters and, in turn, inspired by an earlier holster design for which I don’t recall the details) and an old-school double magazine pouch.

The holster is marked “CLL” for Combat Leather Limited; my understanding is that this is how the late Mr. Nelson branded his gear before renaming his enterprise as “BNCL” for Bruce Nelson Combat Leather.

Neither piece looks like it was worn, or at least worn much. I may have to address that soon. Smile

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Great find and pairing!!! Congrats!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Great find and pairing!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you! The gun will head to the range for an inaugural session soon, Lord willing. In the meantime, I’ve just put the gunleather on - it was TIGHT fit on my A&G belt. Based on the lack of visible wear around the loops, I’m not sure these have ever been worn - if they have, it must have been quite a while. But it’s on and rides well, carrying two spare mags and a different 1911.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
That Colt Hawk is on a very short list of things I want but haven’t gotten around to acquiring. Absolutely stunning combination!

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
That Colt Hawk is on a very short list of things I want but haven’t gotten around to acquiring. Absolutely stunning combination!

Hey thank you and I’m the same - I’ve liked the look of these ‘Hawks for a while and finally saw one come up on 1911-specific forum. I looked into sending a Colt off to NH for the package a couple of years back but wound up picking up something else instead.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Had some holsters arrive from R.Grizzle Leather.

Country Boy for the P365

[IMG:left] 2A1A7412-82B4-4A4A-B87E-4F2BAF639182 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Country Boy for a S&W 640 Pro (642 Pro was thrown in because it was close by)

[IMG:left] 3666CF13-7876-4658-86D9-D9169C796BDF by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pocket Holsters for Seecamp in brown ostrich leg w/ horse front panel stamped with initials. I had three of these made, one for my brother, one for my son, and one for myself. Ryan G did an awesome job and took a bunch of time on the phone helping work out what I wanted.

[IMG:left] 3FA08CC2-C067-4190-8913-7E6BA9CFA7D5 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] E9863AD6-8A2C-4694-BAE8-1E8462B0A2FA by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] 12D537E3-3C41-4924-855B-E7D28084AC38 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
This one took a really long time to get.

Posts: 17869 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
A beautiful elephant hide set made for me by Tim Thurner of TT Gunleather for my P220 Combat.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Nice gun-gear, guys!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Spied a nifty Rhodesian-style holster and magazine pouch on another forum and asked the maker about it - in short order, I had my own. Douglas Combat Gunleather’s Rhodesian Scout with a 1911.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
My wife's Sunday Go To Meetin' rig

Pams BBQ rig by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post

El Paso Saddlery-I just sold the Street Combat for the 4 3/4 SAA since I don't use it any more...it was a good horseback outfit back in the 90's.

The 1930 Austin is for thw S&W M-1917 and the thunb break is foe a S&W M'69.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m obviously a fan of Milt Sparks among other makers, but recently came across a holster model of theirs that I’d not sampled before: their Executives Companion.

This one is sized for a Browning Hi Power and is of a somewhat older vintage based on the Sparks branding. I believe the current version of this model features a body-shield / sweat-guard.

This one has already become my favorite IWB option for the BHP. Shown with an ‘80s-vintage OWB single magazine pouch from Davis Leather.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My IWB from TT Gunleather with shark trim for my 1911 should be shipping in a week or two. I'll be sure to post some pictures. It'll be my first high end leather.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
My IWB from TT Gunleather with shark trim for my 1911 should be shipping in a week or two. I'll be sure to post some pictures. It'll be my first high end leather.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it!

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I’m obviously a fan of Milt Sparks among other makers, but recently came across a holster model of theirs that I’d not sampled before: their Executives Companion.

This one is sized for a Browning Hi Power and is of a somewhat older vintage based on the Sparks branding. I believe the current version of this model features a body-shield / sweat-guard.

This one has already become my favorite IWB option for the BHP.

Great minds think alike and (as usual) I share your love of Milt Sparks' offerings, to include their Executive Companion holsters. I picked up a used EC in black leather for the Browning P35 when I saw this on offered online. I haven't carried my 9mm HPs in it lately, but it's nice to know it's available. I bought ECs for my Sig P220C SAO and P239 because they handle the weight very well and place the firearms deep in the waistband while keeping the grip within easy reach. As new or well used, these designs retain their practicality for DECADES!!!