New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costa Rica Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
Pics from my honeymoon. These are all from phones and we aren't photographers at all. But some cool stuff we saw and did, in no particular order...

Coffee farm...

Pour over brewer. They put ground coffee in this, pour boiling water over it and they repeat pouring it over the grounds several times. Very good coffee.

Rainforest waterfall...
How it's supposed to look

How it looks when it's down pouring. Tour guide said she never saw so much rain as on our tour.

Where the hell is the trail now...

Animals around the resort.

Squirrel nuts

Flock of parrots just off my balcony.

This hawk of some sort hunted the resort property for the entire trip.

A couple random pics.

So heights, not really my thing. Nervous smile.

The sloths were right near the coffee farm. We are pretty sure they plant this sloth in a low branch and then bring us to it. They act like it's just a wild sloth. The wild ones we saw were high up in the trees. They informed us that young sloths are lower and then the guide goes to find one, then rushes back to lead the tour to the young sloth he "found". Pretty sure they just have a pet that they place for tours. But it was cool anyhow...

Sunset catamaran cruise was awesome. Best sunset ever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frayedends,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Those are great pics and congrats on your marriage!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you had fun on the honeymoon!

Makes me miss Central America!
(13th picture- Kinkajus! Funny animals! A friend had one as a pet.)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Those are actually coatis. I’ll find a closer picture. They were all over the resort. They are like tacooons, in the trash and all over things. The resort staff considered them pests.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and thanks for posting the pics. I love the sloth pics,very neat.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Those are actually coatis. I’ll find a closer picture. They were all over the resort. They are like tacooons, in the trash and all over things. The resort staff considered them pests.

Much like the trash-pandas up here.
Curious and smart lil buggers, but they will tear some shit up!

It was either a Coati or a Kinkaju in Panama, 1992-93... but that lil bastard snatched up my canteen and ran off. Lil shit is probably still drinking out of it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Closer pic of the Coati...

These go to eleven.