SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    49 Years ago, my father took this picture.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

49 Years ago, my father took this picture. Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted
He also developed and printed it. Nikon F, Tri X Pan.

1974. NYC, the West Village. Me and my younger brother sharing a soda.

Keds & bell bottoms! Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16129 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s a classic shot right there.

Posts: 3620 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Great picture! I look back at pictures from the 70s and I am appalled at the style my parents chose for me. I grew up in Fairfield County CT and remember my grandfather taking me and my siblings into NYC as a child. Movies like The French Connection capture the city as I remember it during that time period.

Posts: 3009 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
Great picture! I look back at pictures from the 70s and I am appalled at the style my parents chose for me. I grew up in Fairfield County CT and remember my grandfather taking me and my siblings into NYC as a child. Movies like The French Connection capture the city as I remember it during that time period.

Small world. A few years later, we moved out of NYC and ended up in Armonk NY, right on the CT border.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16129 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good shot.

Tri-x - I must have processed miles of that stuff.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Ahhh the good ole days of NYC. Upper West Side for me. Those were good times!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's great.
Seems like I've seen that somewhere before.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
I’ve developed 100s of feet of Tri-X and Pan X in my basement… that was some time ago!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1618 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I'm from West 81st street. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:

Posts: 7082 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A really beautiful, innocent photograph from another time.

Thank you for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36879 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
West 100 Street and Manhattan Avenue.

quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I'm from West 81st street. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A photo that reminds me of a happier time.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1591 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post