SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    “Striking Winning Images of the Inaugural Black and White Minimalist Photography Prize”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Striking Winning Images of the Inaugural Black and White Minimalist Photography Prize” Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
One of my favorites of the ones at the link (which see for much better rendition):

https://mymodernmet.com/minima...photography-contest/

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Some of those are quite striking. Thanks for sharing that with us, sigfreund!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Superb b&w. Really enjoyed them.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks, worth a click.
Another teaser --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The OP photo reminds me of an Ansel Adams print I have stored away somewhere.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Some fine photos there.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Very nice pics. I really like the B&W medium. Ansel Adams is still my favorite B&W photographer.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've always enjoyed B&W. These are on another level.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post