SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Pens, pens, pens… I mean “Fine Writing Instruments”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pens, pens, pens… I mean “Fine Writing Instruments” Login/Join 
posted
Got given the chore list by my wife, and at the top was helping her out with photos for a collection she is helping to place for sale.

OK no worries… then I found out how many. Let’s just say I will be busy for a month or two. At least got a start today with some of the more… “understated and low key” models:

Can’t wait for the “fancy stuff”!

Bill R

Posts: 1135 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll be interested to see more of these.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53224 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I can see this is gonna get expensive! Why do I keep opening this threads.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7243 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still working through the list for my wife…

So you say to yourself, “Self… I, I mean we, got a problem! How will we ever manage to blend our deep fascination regarding Spanish Surrealist Painters with our abiding love for sterling silver and Italian celluloid?”

No problem, apparently, so long as you shop right…

Just get yourself a Montegrappa Dali Limited Edition!(instead of a Mastershop X5. Or two Mastershop X5s. I guess if you need this thing, you need it!)

You say you just can’t get enough of Italian opera about French courtesans, but at the same time feel a burning need to have on your person enough precious metals to weather the upcoming financial collapse?

Got ya covered!

The Invito La Traviatta is just what you need!

Love highly inflammable birds, but constantly annoyed by your pen rolling off your desktop?

Look no further than the Montegrappa Eternal Bird Limited Edition!

Need to just make some marks on stuff?

Yeah, me too.

I’m putting that one in the folder with them just to make sure she’s paying attention!

Bill R

Posts: 1135 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those Italians love a fancy pen.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53224 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Magnificent writing instruments, even the last one.

Thank you for sharing these, along with all of your pics.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36887 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Those Italians love a fancy pen.

Well, there's always.... "Ze Germans":

Not really familiar with this one, the Project M from Montblanc. But definitely cool looking in a very clean, modern way.

And Pelikan. Always good for delivering a dose of calm, soothing, downright prosaic classiness.

Bill R

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I do like a Pelikan. More my style. Great nibs, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I do like a Pelikan. More my style. Great nibs, too.

One of my favorites for writing was one of the M800 size green demonstrators, with a green M1000 being a close second, but that one had a nice double broad nib that made it better for short notes or signatures.

Bill R

posted Hide Post
And, I realize, we have left out the French and the British! Can't have that...

For the Continental offering, a Cartier Le Must Vendome in silver:

It's kind of weird in a very stylish sort of way (OK yeah, so in other words, very French) it's almost flat in shape, a slim rectangle, nice lined design with a gold and silver braid accent at the top. Loads and loads of that good ol Je ne sais quoi!

And for the British, how about a hand engraved sterling silver piece from Yard O Led:

This is an older piece, not sure what the current equivalent would be, probably the Standard Victorian model. But, very classy, very elegant, so, so very British!

Bill R

posted Hide Post
WOW! Beautiful writing instruments! Thanks for showing your camera set-up.... now I know what I should be doing. Great!

Posts: 61 | Location: jackson, California | Registered: April 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One od mine this time, a int of an oldie...

Sheaffer Oversize Balance in Marine Pearl celluloid, from the late 1930s. A little beat up around the edges from its eighty some years, but still writes great if you like a very firm, fine line!

Bill R