SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Port of Tacoma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Port of Tacoma Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
It was a nice night, but hot, too hot to stay inside, too hot to just sit in the yard, so the ladyfriend and I took a drive. The thing is, I don't like other people, especially on the road. Other drivers make me feel a tad genocidal, gas them all. So instead of driving around all the regular nice places, because they'll be full of idiots and mouthbreathers and shithead Cowboys fans who throw their lit cigarettes out their window, yes I saw that you old queen, use your ashtray, your car already smells like a hobo's nutsack anyways. If it doesn't have an ashtray, use a pop bottle, something, stop throwing your garbage out the goddamned window, you are the reason we cannot have nice things. You specifically. See how many rocks you can swallow, and then go for a swim in the Sound. I yelled at that person.

Anyhow, we went down there because the streets are empty, there's the occasional truck, or a convoy of Kias from the Auto Warehouse, so we could just meander around, and stop in the middle of the street to take a picture of something, in clear violation of our new distracted driving laws. See, I can be a badass rebel who spits in the face of The Man too, I just do it in an incredibly white way. Fight the power, responsibly. I also just like the general industrial atmosphere, everything looks like it could be a setting for an 80s movie where maybe there's a cyborg from the future, or a laser kickboxing champ has to fight the Yakuza to get his girlfriend's daughter back.

That brick building just above the dirty tank, I made a man fall off the scaffolding on the 4th floor there. Sure, on the Broadway side the 3rd floor was at ground level, but he still fell, into a big patch of stinging nettles. Don't trespass, kids.

These have been sitting there for at least two years. I'm surprised it took them this long to get tagged.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I sailed into Tacoma a few times, but mostly Anacortes. A very scenic area!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Ahhh . . .My town. Captured it perfectly!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Mexican Ambulances. Interesting.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I like the second one where the road seems to be heading out towards the mountain in the background.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Not really. When we're done with equipment, if it's still in good working condition, we often send it off to poorer nations. The interesting part is they haven't moved. Probably need to be gone over by a mechanic by this point, just sitting out there for over two years isn't good for them.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

Not really. When we're done with equipment, if it's still in good working condition, we often send it off to poorer nations. The interesting part is they haven't moved. Probably need to be gone over by a mechanic by this point, just sitting out there for over two years isn't good for them.

Wow. What a waste.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post