SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Still has a gun in New Jersey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still has a gun in New Jersey Login/Join 
posted
Finally got around to joining although I have owned and carried a Sig since the mid 1980"s. Looking forward to meeting new people in the Sig line and maybe learning something along the way..

Posts: 8 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6826 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome Aboard!

Former New Jermany resident here (Morris-Sussex area). Proud to say, I escaped 20+ years ago!

Sooo, carried a SIG since the mid 1980's....In New Jermany? I presume you're retired LEO, otherwise I call Bullshit! Wink

Live Free or Die! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 4797 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 813 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Retired228:
Finally got around to joining although I have owned and carried a Sig since the mid 1980"s. Looking forward to meeting new people in the Sig line and maybe learning something along the way..

As a NJ resident, I have to ask. How are you carrying since the mid 80s?? It's damn near impossible in this state.

Posts: 586 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, retired LEO. Carried my 225 in 1984 as my off duty, got laid off in '89 and the PD I went to was carrying the 225 and switched to the 228 which I carried till 2010..and I got that gun as a retirement gift from my range guys.
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Greetings from the Granite State. Welcome Aboard!

Former New Jermany resident here (Morris-Sussex area). Proud to say, I escaped 20+ years ago!

Sooo, carried a SIG since the mid 1980's....In New Jermany? I presume you're retired LEO, otherwise I call Bullshit! Wink

Live Free or Die! Cool

Posts: 8 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: January 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired LEO...sorry!!! But it does cost me as NJ does not recognize HR-218 so I get to pay to carry..
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
quote:

As a NJ resident, I have to ask. How are you carrying since the mid 80s?? It's damn near impossible in this state.

Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I wouldn't complain about having to pay to carry....At least you CAN carry in NJ. The vast majority do NOT even have that option in New Jermany! Roll Eyes

What agency did you retire from? I know quite a few LEO's in NJ....I've been pulled over in quite a few jurisdictions in NJ as well. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 4797 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard from the NW corner of Middlesex Co. Its always good to see new members from the Garden State.
I agree with your assessment of NJ's interpretation of HR218... hopefully I'll avoid that headache when I retire. Just about have my wife convinced to head south, out of this G*dforsaken state when I punch out. With a little luck, they'll give me my 229 when I leave.

1989 layoff - Elizabeth? I remember that... worked in the north adjacent county. Bad times.

You'll enjoy it here.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 2935 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retired LEO...sorry!!! But it does cost me as NJ does not recognize HR-218 so I get to pay to carry..
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
quote:

They don't get to "not recognize it", it's the law. Having a permit may well be a belt and suspenders approach, but if you have the required ID and proof of qualification and you got jammed, you'd have their ass. Every HR 218 "test case" that I am aware of has been decided for the officer.

Now of course that doesn't mean you'll find somebody do qualify you and issue the proof card...

Posts: 4085 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post