SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings from Chicago!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from Chicago! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Welcome from just over the border.

The P220 is a great pistol. I have two SS and one folded slide version.

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't heard of the folded slide version. What's it all about?

Best

mi45acp

Posts: 72 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Greeting from Indiana

It's been some time since I have taken my 220's out, your thread has me thinking a trip out back today to crank off some .45 will be a good reason to exercise and clean them

If you ever want to try some action pistol to see how well you and your 220 work together

and want to take a trip over the eastern border send me an email and we can sign you up to shoot an IDPA event in our area.

I will definitely take you up on that offer this summer, sounds like it will be a heck of a lot of fun. I've been stuck bulls-eye shooting at 15yds due to the distance/speed restrictions at my local range so it would be awesome to stretch my legs out at an outdoor event!

I really appreciate you extending the invite!

Best,

mi45acp

Posts: 72 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chaswea:
welcome From a P-220 owner in Dallas,Texas

Hey it's good to know we have some friends out south! I've been meaning to take a road trip out there and check out the action shooting scene.

Best,

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome from just over the border....

Welcome from just over the other border.

Posts: 15259 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Chicago area native here. Grew up in the area and graduated from UIC on the near west side.

Don't go home much these days but I sure do miss me some Italian beef from Johnny's (combo, dipped with hot), gyros, Italian ice, deep dish pizza and Ricobene's.

Posts: 11996 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sport peppers on my beef please, thank you.
You want that beef dunked? Yes sir, thank you!!

Who’s NEXT! Come on I’m busy here!!

Family left Grand Crossing neighborhood in ‘62, dad got transferred…the entire area is a crime scene now-a-days. Makes me hateful.

Posts: 4953 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Welcome from just over the border....

Welcome from just over the other border.

Thank you brother it's good to be here. What's the shooting scene like out west that way?

Best,

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Welcome. Chicago area native here. Grew up in the area and graduated from UIC on the near west side.

Don't go home much these days but I sure do miss me some Italian beef from Johnny's (combo, dipped with hot), gyros, Italian ice, deep dish pizza and Ricobene's.

Shoot me a message when you're in town we can meet up at the range!

Best,

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Sport peppers on my beef please, thank you.
You want that beef dunked? Yes sir, thank you!!

Who’s NEXT! Come on I’m busy here!!

Family left Grand Crossing neighborhood in ‘62, dad got transferred…the entire area is a crime scene now-a-days. Makes me hateful.

It keeps me honest, on my toes and head on a swivel. City kid at heart. Thanks for reaching out!

Best,

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mipistola45:

...What's the shooting scene like out west that

It's great in Iowa, maybe less great across the river in IL. Near me in IA is a small private range http://oakhillgunclubinc.com/ but I belong to a much larger range on the IL side:

https://www.milanrifle.club/

Posts: 15259 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Greeting from Indiana

It's been some time since I have taken my 220's out, your thread has me thinking a trip out back today to crank off some .45 will be a good reason to exercise and clean them

If you ever want to try some action pistol to see how well you and your 220 work together

and want to take a trip over the eastern border send me an email and we can sign you up to shoot an IDPA event in our area.

I will definitely take you up on that offer this summer, sounds like it will be a heck of a lot of fun. I've been stuck bulls-eye shooting at 15yds due to the distance/speed restrictions at my local range so it would be awesome to stretch my legs out at an outdoor event!

Best,

IDPA is a blast and Randy holds a great match with lots of challenges and lots of stages! That's in Buchanan, MI and also on the fourth Saturday each month, New Buffalo holds their IDPA match.

As for folded slides, they were produced in Germany in the earlier days, from a sheet of steel vs the forged slides on the P220 you have. Lighter and different balance and also somewhat narrower.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 36534 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chaswea
posted Hide Post
Welcome From Texas

Posts: 27 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: August 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Greeting from Indiana

Best,

IDPA is a blast and Randy holds a great match with lots of challenges and lots of stages! That's in Buchanan, MI and also on the fourth Saturday each month, New Buffalo holds their IDPA match.

As for folded slides, they were produced in Germany in the earlier days, from a sheet of steel vs the forged slides on the P220 you have. Lighter and different balance and also somewhat narrower.

Thank you, sir for the invitation and the insight. As soon as I get comfortable with a few thousand rounds through it (hopefully before the end of summer) I will reach out to you.

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chaswea:
Welcome From Texas

Thank you! It's good to be here. Been running my P220 for a little over a month now; I have about 500 rounds through it.

mi45acp