SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings from Chicago!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from Chicago! Login/Join 
posted
I have been a pistol shooting enthusiast for quite a few years. I used to shoot trap in college out in MN and would only shoot pistols when somebody who had one would invite me out to the range. I started out with owning several Glocks, but as soon as I got my hands on a Sig rental at the range, there was no looking back. Recently acquired a P220 Elite .45acp in the Equinox finish/aesthetic. There is no question that these are the best handguns on the market. I've shot barettas, staccatos, fancy CZs, Glock (in 9mm, 10mm, 45acp), Springfield 1911s, Kimber 1911, RIA 1911, Ruger 1911... but there's something about Sig Sauer and particularly this P220 Elite Equinox that won me over. From fit and finish to ergonomics and accuracy, it shined since the first time I took it to the range. Between this Elite/Equinox series and Legion series (which is next on my list) there is no better pistol for self-defense or range/sport use. Love it.

Thanks everyone!

mi45acp

Posts: 72 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 976 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The P220 is one of my favorites also.

Welcome to the forum!

Support Sigforum and Para! https://fundrazr.com/01zWgc?ref=ab_8BFKzc

Posts: 7731 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
Welcome!

Thank you!

mi45acp

Posts: 72 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
The P220 is one of my favorites also.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you own a p220? I've been meaning to post photos of mine but haven't figured out how to yet.

mi45acp

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yep, I have a few. Here is my 10mm.

Posting pics isn't as difficult as you might think.

Posts: 7731 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, I have a few. Here is my 10mm.

Posting pics isn't as difficult as you might think.

That's a very nice piece. 10mm is a very accurate round. Do you have it for hunting/sport? I don't know of too many people who carry a 10mm for personal defense. The p220 I have is an Elite model; I think the main difference is the 4.4-inch barrel vs the 5-inch barrel in the 10mm version. What type of sights are on the model you posted?

mi45acp

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Welcome

Posts: 4052 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like the Equinox. The short reach trigger adds a nice touch.

I'll carry the 10mm as weather permits. Milt Sparks makes a fantastic IWB holster.

The early 10mm P220s were equipped with adjustable sights from Sig.

Later they had the night sights.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Welcome

Thank you! It's nice to see someone else from Chicago on the forum.

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the Equinox. The short reach trigger adds a nice touch.

I'll carry the 10mm as weather permits. Milt Sparks makes a fantastic IWB holster.

The early 10mm P220s were equipped with adjustable sights from Sig.

Later they had the night sights.

Yes I'll be honest the trigger, though heavy in DA, feels like glass and breaks really nice. Once in SA with the short reset, the trigger makes this P220 feel very much like a target pistol. I'm itching to take it to the range again. I bet you can shoot out to 100yds easily with that 10mm. I have found the 10mm to be extremely flat shooting even out to really far distances,especially with a full power load.

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum!

We'll talk about pizza, Italian beef and beer joints later.

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 7155 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Welcome to the Forum!

We'll talk about pizza, Italian beef and beer joints later.

Ha! yes indeed!

mi45acp

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Utah!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 100 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
Welcome from Utah!

Thank you it's good to be here

mi45acp

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board! I'm down in the Peoria area. Got friends that shoot at Aurora.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 96 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickmur:
Welcome to the board! I'm down in the Peoria area. Got friends that shoot at Aurora.

Awesome! If you guys ever hear of any interesting shooting events or firearms events/ gun shows please let me know

Thanks for reaching out

mi45acp

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Welcome from just over the border.

The P220 is a great pistol. I have two SS and one folded slide version.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 36534 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greeting from Indiana

It's been some time since I have taken my 220's out, your thread has me thinking a trip out back today to crank off some .45 will be a good reason to exercise and clean them

If you ever want to try some action pistol to see how well you and your 220 work together

and want to take a trip over the eastern border send me an email and we can sign you up to shoot an IDPA event in our area.

RC

Posts: 1880 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chaswea
posted Hide Post
welcome From a P-220 owner in Dallas,Texas

Posts: 27 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: August 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post