SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Quick hello from Larry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick hello from Larry Login/Join 
posted
Just wanted to say hello from a fellow enthusiast living in the nation's capital. I've been lurking on the site and reading great conversations about Sigs for years. Now that I have some more time on my hands, figured I'd join in.

Carried an M11 for 20 years. Here in the states and overseas. Thousands of rounds, the gun never failed to fire. In my obviously biased opinion, it is the definition of a combat handgun. Maybe not perfect under t-shirts and suits, but under actual duress, I'm not taking anything else into a dark room.

Lots of very capable, smaller pistols out there today, but I can't ignore that when I present an M11, this split-second calming, confident feeling settles over me. Exactly the thing you need in bad situations.

Couldn't take that gun with me, so starting a hunt to find something to replace it. Talk soon!

Posts: 4 | Location: DC | Registered: September 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 859 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Posts: 7137 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Welcome L, Can you own one of them there?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 16418 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Welcome L, Can you own one of them there?

Heh, believe it or not, it's no longer impossible to own a firearm in DC. About ten years ago, someone sued and DC was forced to come up with a reasonable way for folks to register firearms in the District. I say register - not carry.

It's no longer that different from the registration process in other major cities, except that transfer fees are much higher and getting a CCW is still very difficult if you're not law enforcement (or retired LEO, i.e. LEOSA) or have some justified reason to do so.

There are now two FFL licenses issued in DC (for years, there used to be only one..) and the process is definitely a little tedious and time consuming, but not too bad if you follow the steps.

L

Posts: 4 | Location: DC | Registered: September 24, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 16418 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post