SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Howdy from Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Howdy from Texas Login/Join 
posted
New member to the forum from somewhere near Austin, Texas.

Purchased my first Sig, a P320 X-Compact, in early 2020 before the pandemic. I've got 1000+ rounds through it and it is an amazing pistol!

I bass fish out of a kayak almost every weekend so wanted a smaller/lighter pistol that I could carry with me on my river adventures so picked up a Sig P365 in mid 2020. It has just over 800 rounds through it. I had one issue with the tritium vial in the front sight going out after 300 rounds but Sig got it fixed and back to me in three days.

I carry the P365 more than the P320 since I wear t-shirts most of the time while home and it conceals better though anytime I can, I carry the P320 XC since I like the trigger, size and shootability better.

I picked up extra grip modules for the P365, one is cerakoted in OD green since that is my favorite color. I also have a XL grip, too that I prefer to use and switch out to from time to time. I'll probably get the XL grip cerakoted OD green as well from a local shop soon.

I normally carry OWB in leather holsters by Wright Leather Works. My kydex IWB (for max concealment) and kydex pancake holster (for when fishing or the summer when I am sweating more) are from a little shop south of San Antonio called Texas Holster Solutions.

Glad to be here!

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 25, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Howdy neighbor. This is a great board to be part of.

Q

Posts: 21613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I hope to have a P365 someday.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 7067 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 842 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

Posts: 191 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Welcome from DeCordova, Tx!

Posts: 17025 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate all the welcoming comments!

posted Hide Post
Welcome from South Texas

Posts: 504 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to another Texan on SF.

quote:
Originally posted by chavez:
[I] picked up a Sig P365 in mid 2020. It has just over 800 rounds through it. I had one issue with the tritium vial in the front sight going out after 300 rounds but Sig got it fixed and back to me in three days.

I've had bad luck w/ P365 front sights. Did Sig replace the sight under warranty?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2980005384

Posts: 2277 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Welcome to another Texan on SF.

quote:
Originally posted by chavez:
[I] picked up a Sig P365 in mid 2020. It has just over 800 rounds through it. I had one issue with the tritium vial in the front sight going out after 300 rounds but Sig got it fixed and back to me in three days.

I've had bad luck w/ P365 front sights. Did Sig replace the sight under warranty?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2980005384

Yep they did and with a very acceptable turnaround.

posted Hide Post
Good to have you on board

Posts: 20 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post