SIGforum
Greetings from the woodsy part of the sunshine state!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/920601935/m/1880053184

April 17, 2021, 03:39 PM
chainfire
Greetings from the woodsy part of the sunshine state!
Hello folks,

Thank you for allowing me to join you. I am an old retired fart who has a considerable interest in firearms. I have been collecting the rusty old junk for decades. However, I am new to the Sig family, it is my first plastic handgun, and I am trying not to be ashamed of it. (P320 M17) I have remained a metal, wood and leather guy until a killer deal came up on this pistol, and I don't turn down killer deals.

I see that there are a bunch of new Texans below. You guys know that you don't have to admit that you are from Texas, right? Wink
April 17, 2021, 03:43 PM
.38supersig
I've bought a few old rusty pistols too.

Welcome to the forum!

April 17, 2021, 04:26 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by chainfire:
You guys know that you don't have to admit that you are from Texas, right? Wink
I'm from Texas.
April 17, 2021, 06:14 PM
chainfire
posted April 17, 2021 05:25 PM Hide Post
You can get a Tru-Glo tritium/fiber optic front sight for your pistol, SIG sells it as their X-Ray sight...

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...wi/prod/7400053-08-r

It is out of stock right now, but hopefully there should be more available soon.

I have these on a few of my SIG pistols and I find them to be the most visible for me.

I don't worry so much about the rear sights so much, it is acquiring the front sight that is most important to me. Standard rear tritium dots with an X-Ray front work very well for me.

I saw one of those this morning, in my wanderings, and didn't order it because I was holding out for a possible better solution. I might just go with that and black out my rear tritium sights as I find them a distraction. One of them is not round and it bugs the snot out of me.

I spoiled myself with the Truglos on my CZ 75 and I just have my panties in a wad because I can't have them for this piece. I still have enough vision that I continue to shoot the big old factory white dot combos on 1911s fine, but I really don't like the Sig factory sights on this gun. Other than that I am impressed with the firearm.
April 17, 2021, 06:52 PM
parabellum
uh huh
April 17, 2021, 08:46 PM
bigguy
"Never ask a man if he’s from Texas. If he is, he’ll tell you. If he isn’t, don’t embarrass him.”
April 18, 2021, 06:58 AM
19tass
Welcome!