SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  New Members Introduction    Greetings from the woodsy part of the sunshine state!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings from the woodsy part of the sunshine state! Login/Join 
posted
Hello folks,

Thank you for allowing me to join you. I am an old retired fart who has a considerable interest in firearms. I have been collecting the rusty old junk for decades. However, I am new to the Sig family, it is my first plastic handgun, and I am trying not to be ashamed of it. (P320 M17) I have remained a metal, wood and leather guy until a killer deal came up on this pistol, and I don't turn down killer deals.

I see that there are a bunch of new Texans below. You guys know that you don't have to admit that you are from Texas, right? Wink

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've bought a few old rusty pistols too.

Welcome to the forum!

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 6826 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chainfire:
You guys know that you don't have to admit that you are from Texas, right? Wink
I'm from Texas.

Posts: 93789 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted April 17, 2021 05:25 PM Hide Post
You can get a Tru-Glo tritium/fiber optic front sight for your pistol, SIG sells it as their X-Ray sight...

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...wi/prod/7400053-08-r

It is out of stock right now, but hopefully there should be more available soon.

I have these on a few of my SIG pistols and I find them to be the most visible for me.

I don't worry so much about the rear sights so much, it is acquiring the front sight that is most important to me. Standard rear tritium dots with an X-Ray front work very well for me.

I saw one of those this morning, in my wanderings, and didn't order it because I was holding out for a possible better solution. I might just go with that and black out my rear tritium sights as I find them a distraction. One of them is not round and it bugs the snot out of me.

I spoiled myself with the Truglos on my CZ 75 and I just have my panties in a wad because I can't have them for this piece. I still have enough vision that I continue to shoot the big old factory white dot combos on 1911s fine, but I really don't like the Sig factory sights on this gun. Other than that I am impressed with the firearm.

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
uh huh

Posts: 93789 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Never ask a man if he’s from Texas. If he is, he’ll tell you. If he isn’t, don’t embarrass him.”

Posts: 252 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

Posts: 813 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post