SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    I need a good beam scale and I’d like Made in USA.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a good beam scale and I’d like Made in USA. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I need a beam scale for loading pistol ammo. I think the GemPro 250 is on the way out. My normal loads are 3.5 to 4.5 grains.

I’d prefer something made in the USA. The Redding #2 seems good and is supposed to be made in USA.

Anything others I should look at?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sadly RCBS and Ohass are now made in China Frown...I’m super sad to see this as my USA (Ohass) made RCBS 502 has been 100% for 20+ years and I do wish I could recommend the product again for an American made product...
I have been impressed by the Lyman Brass Smith line of products (made here and great quality)...
From what my experience from their latest turret press tells me I would look at them...

https://howtotactical.com/best...scale-for-reloading/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very good, thank you!

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have used a CH for over 40 years. There are used ones on EBAY.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
The large Ohas was/is a great scale... I have two I bought on the cheap at local stores used... once cleaned up the work perfectly.

You see the American made versions on E-Bay and Gunbroker from tdime to time.

There is an Ohas 505 on Eay at the moment.

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Have you found anything? I may have something for you.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you Max, I’ve ordered a Lyman.

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
A friend recently passed away and his family just gave me his reloading equipment.