SIGforum
My new (and first) press is here!

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/9180013184

April 15, 2021, 10:24 PM
dry-fly
My new (and first) press is here!
Well after planning, researching, saving, then spending the money on other things... I finally broke down and bought an XL750. I don’t even know where to begin with the questions. Thankfully I have an awesome contact lined up that is going to come over and educate me. I can’t wait!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
April 15, 2021, 11:10 PM
92fstech
Go big or go home, huh? Big Grin.

That's a nice press...you are going to love it (if you can find components to feed it!).
April 16, 2021, 01:35 AM
dry-fly
I’m definitely in the “buy once, cry once” camp. As far as components go, I have enough crank out a bit over 1000rds. It’ll get me started.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Go big or go home, huh? Big Grin.

That's a nice press...you are going to love it (if you can find components to feed it!).

April 16, 2021, 02:03 PM
rexles
Starting with the best will never be regretted.
Dillon has a lot of help they can give with just a phone call.
They are great to deal with.
With that press 1000 rounds is just a little over an hours work.
Have fun and invest in a UFO light. You'll love it.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell
April 16, 2021, 07:34 PM
yucaipa
Dillion makes great stuff, I own some. QS is 2nd to none.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

April 16, 2021, 09:32 PM
dry-fly
Thanks for the compliments guys...Rexles, I actually have the UFO lights installed already! You are right, it makes a ton of light. Honestly I think the only pieces left that I need are a Mr. Bulletfeeder and the powder cop that DAA makes. That may have to wait a bit though considering how much $$ I’ve spent this week. I raised $600 pretty easily by auctioning two stripped Sons of Liberty Gun Works AR lowers. Yes, they sold for $300 a PIECE. Crazy.

April 17, 2021, 09:23 PM
Gallo Pazzesco
I keep hearing good things about the 750. Congrats!

It takes a lot to feed those Dillon Progressives. You will soon come to realize that you never have enough powder, primers, pills or brass.

Let us know how you like it after you've had a chance to put it through its paces for a few thousand rounds. You planning on running rifle and pistol through it or just pistol?

BTW, I like that InlineFabrication ultra 11" stand you've got that mounted-to ... I run Dan's stuff under all of mine these days and it changed my life in my reloading room.

April 17, 2021, 10:39 PM
dry-fly
^^ thank you sir. As of now I just have 9mm and .45 dies. The goal is for 5.56 and maybe .300Blk eventually. You’re right, Inline Fab’s stuff is sweet. I have another order in with him now!