SIGforum
Anyone reloading .350 Legend?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/8710085884

January 17, 2022, 12:59 PM
Black92LX
Anyone reloading .350 Legend?
Expanded the caliber options again.
What are you all liking to load for this round?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
March 06, 2022, 07:59 PM
mossyoak1
Might be a bit old now but I reload the 350. I use 170gr Hornady with imr 4227 with 26.5gr. I shoot it out of a cmmg upper in an ar platform. 2 years now and it has taken down the deer without a problem. I've had very good grouping with it. 100 yards are 1/2"

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
March 06, 2022, 08:17 PM
Black92LX
Thank you.
What mags are you using and are you seeing any feeding issues?
I have all Duramags at the moment and have read about some feeding issues. Not had a chance to get mine out yet.
Wondering if I need to get some of the Wilson Combat mags instead.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
March 07, 2022, 12:05 PM
Marcushoss
My Duramags work fine. I used a CMMG barrel and could not get it to feeed a single round. I called CMMG and they were great. Turned out I had a bad barrel. It runs fine now on the 10 rounders and I recently bought a bunch of the 20 rounders.

I use Lil' Gun for Powder for it and the 450. I just ordered the new Hornady manual as it has a section on 350 Legend.

I got the data for my early loads from the Hodgdon site.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.
March 07, 2022, 07:07 PM
mossyoak1
I use the cmmg 10 rounders. I have had a few issues with feeding but mostly my issue. I put a heavy debur on the casing to make sure there isn't a lip on it when it feeds. I had problems with that so I just went heavy on deburring. Otherwise I just make sure I clean it and the feed ramp.

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson
May 08, 2022, 03:57 PM
euclid
I have found that loading the 350 Legend long (~2.30”) using HNDY 170 grain bullets eliminated the feed issues I was having with some factory ammo.

The best is the enemy of good enough.