SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Recommends for New Pistol Powder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommends for New Pistol Powder Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
U do not want Alliant Powders they are nowhere to be found. The Clays line up is unobtanium.
So we around to 231 or HP38 which are the same thing. Win 244. CFE Pistol.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For .38 I use VV 320

VV 320 is great for the .38 it’s pricey but clean
I don’t get unburned powder causing issues and it appears stable in a range of temps

For 9 mm I use Titegroup

it’s economical, but burns hot, a little goes a long way
You really need to be on top of your reloading game to use it as it does not fill the case and a double charge is hard to catch.
That is until you pull the trigger on a double charge, then you will be picking up pieces of your plastic gun blaming
Weak brass, and wondering , with out admitting it , if it was a double charge.

RC

Posts: 1920 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
For 9 mm I use Titegroup

it’s economical, but burns hot, a little goes a long way
You really need to be on top of your reloading game to use it as it does not fill the case and a double charge is hard to catch.
That is until you pull the trigger on a double charge, then you will be picking up pieces of your plastic gun blaming
Weak brass, and wondering , with out admitting it , if it was a double charge.

Yup, Titegroup likes to tease new reloaders with it's lower price, luckily many are warned off by how hot it burns and interacts with coated/cast lead bullets.

The last two polymer pistols I've seen with shattered frames...SIG 320 and Glock 34...were using cartridges reloaded with Titegroup.

Whatever savings I'd experience using it in place of my N310/N320 isn't worth the chance of experiencing a Kaboom on the range

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14071 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use TiteGroup (9mm) and CFE Pistol for 38 Super.
Both for 45 depending on what I'm loading for.

Posts: 30 | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post