SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Loading 327 federal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading 327 federal Login/Join 
posted
I have a set of 32 H&R dies and was wondering can I use these dies to reload 327 Federal cases by just backing them off a bit to adjust them for the larger cases?

It’s been along time since I’ve loaded 357 mag, but I’m positive I have using 38 dies in the same manner.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Google leans ‘Yes’, though I don’t reload the 327 Federal.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do load .327 and the answer is yes. In fact, die companies sell die sets marked for both rounds.

Posts: 55 | Location: Boston | Registered: May 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just FYI. The current issue if Handloader Magazine has a good article on loading the 327 Federal.

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/327-federal-magnum

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post