SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Anyone care to share their 'pet' .45 Colt loads for '92 Win/clones?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone care to share their 'pet' .45 Colt loads for '92 Win/clones? Login/Join 
posted
Gents,
Kindly post your pet loads for 250 gr. and 300 gr. jacketed bullets as well as any cast bullet loads you have found to be especially accurate.

I trust you will advise which cast bullet(s) you are using.

Thanks
Jon

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I load 5.7 grains of vihtavuori N320 under a 255 grain flat point cast bullet. Very mild and extremely accurate out of my Rossi M92.

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've used the same load for over 30 years for any 250-255gr bullets (cast, plated, or jacketed): 9.2gr Unique. It has worked perfectly for me in more than a dozen different guns over the years.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I use 5.0 grains of Hodgdon Clays for any cast bullet from 230 grain to 250 grain...

For 200 grain I bump the load up to 5.4 grains of Clays...I found it burns cleaner than the 5.0 load...

With Clays make sure you use a good crimp...

Right now the 200 grain RNFP bullets are from Summersenterprisesllc...best price I have seen on a quality store bought bullet, he will ship 2000 in a flat rate box...(good prices on other calibers too)...

http://www.summersenterprisesl...45-200grrnfp-500.htm

I also cast my own 230 truncated cone and 250 grain RNFP from a LEE mould...sized .452 and tumbled lubed with a mixture of liquid Alox and Johnson's paste wax (never any leading issues and less messy than straight liquid Alox)...I am going to try powder coating these later on...

All of these shoot well in my 92 and Rugers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the replies!
Jon

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post