SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    .45 ACP Questions- New Caliber for Me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.45 ACP Questions- New Caliber for Me Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Typo or did you find a new powder?
Methinks HS-6 is what you meant.

Typo, meant Winchester Super Target (WST).

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
In pistol, I have only reloaded 9mm and use Xtreme plated bullets with Power Pistol. I now want to start reloading .45. I have a Dillon 550 and plan to order everything from them to reload .45. I have a few questions before I start buying things.

Is there any reason to buy a different die than the three die set from Dillon?

I am thinking of reloading with Xtreme or Berry’s plated bullets since they will be for plinking only. If I go with the plated bullets, is it better to get .451, .452, or does it matter?

Does anyone have a preferred powder for .45 using Dillon 550?

I would appreciate any load recipes for using plated bullets. I am thinking of going with 200gn bullets.

I would appreciate any other advice as well.
I have never heard where there was a preferred powder for any press. Just use what your manuals recommends and experiment until you find what works best for your needs. There is a ton of data out there for the 45 ACP as it has been in use for over a 100 yrs. I really like 700x which is real close to Red Dot but burns cleaner and is a lot cheaper than most of the powders.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post