SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    H4895 reduced loads. Anyone give them a try?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
H4895 reduced loads. Anyone give them a try? Login/Join 
posted
I am planning on giving the Hodgdon H4895 reduced load recipe in my .303 Brit rifles. I have not shot any of my Lee Enfields in a while and don't feel like using cast anymore.

My plan is H4895 at 60% max per Hodgdon's recommendation using 174 grain Sierra bullets I have had for quite a while.

Anyone have any luck? Decent accuracy for the 100 yard range?

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I've done several with H-4895 powder, mostly the 30-06 and 300WSM. I often use them for initial setup, familiarization, or with young shooters.

That '60%' is the bottom limit, as you know. I have never loaded right at that bottom limit, not that I feel I couldn't do it. I have loaded below regular charge levels, but still a fair amount above the 60% minimum.

I haven't asked much from the loads, mostly just mid range target shooting. I have not had any problems with reduced loads and H-4895. I also have not used any in semi-autos, which could lead to cycling issues at some level.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used it with great success for the 300WSM

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Report This Post