SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    The powder gods smiled upon me today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The powder gods smiled upon me today Login/Join 
posted
I had just finished my 5th 12 hour shift in the ER and decided to look at the local firearms forums for anything cool before hitting the rack. Well today I happen to be the first to reply to a gentleman about some powder he had for sale. I was able to score 5lbs of Varget and 2 lbs of 4064 for $175. That is a steal in todays market. I am set for 77gr and 308 loads for a while.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Eek

You committed highway robbery! Looks like old stock, since my newer cans of Varget have plastic caps, but robbery nonetheless.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

Did you have to put a gun to his head to get the great price? Smile

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Nice score.

Did you have to put a gun to his head to get the great price? Smile

Lol…..nope. He set the price.

https://floridaguntrader.com/c...295/Misc-Powder.html

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Nice of him to sell it for $25/lb. Quite a bargain these days

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Varget is available by me but for $55.99/lb!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
All set for 243 and 22-250 loading too.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Varget is available by me but for $55.99/lb!

Bruce

I was just at the shop this weekend. They had raised the price on Varget to almost $70!!! I got some just two months ago from them and it was $55.

Midway has it for like $40. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway has it for $55

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post