SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH ULTRASONIC CLEANERS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH ULTRASONIC CLEANERS Login/Join 
posted
What kind? Good and bad points?

Posts: 52 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never got my brass clean enough....

Changed to stainless media tumbling. Brass is like factory new.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I've got a Lyman Turbo Sonic 2500.
It gets the brass clean enough for my tastes.
Link below should take you to a slideshow I've got.
http://s243.photobucket.com/us...Ultrasonic%20cleaner

However, it's a lot more labor-intensive than the wet stainless tumbling, so if I were to do it all over again, I'd opt for the wet tumbling route.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I have a Hornady L&L 2 liter. With heat and a 15 minute cycle time, my brass is very clean including primer pockets. I don't have any complaints yet.

I tumble with 50/50 Tufnut and walnut mix and they are shiny as hell, deprime and then I do the ultrasonic cleaning. I'm more interested in the consistent friction on the inside of the neck from a functional perspective. The rest is just looks.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Cheap ass harbor freight [big one]
Hot water ,few drops of dawn dish soap and one table spoon of citrus acid powder [in pickling section at W M]
Run two time cycles and rinse your pretty shiny brass in hot water.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My Harbor freight also works well.
I tumble my brass then sonic clean it. I use the Dawn/Citrishine formula.
For rusted metal parts I use transmission fluid for the bath.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
+1 on the cheap ass harbor freight. It may be heresy to some but I really don’t care if my brass shines like it’s fresh off the production line. This gets it plenty clean and shiny and my ammo goes bang.

Besides, it’s going to be dirty again the second it fires anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: asonie,

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post