SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    223 Prefecta ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

223 Prefecta ammo Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted
Yesterday while resizing a big batch of 223 cases I ran into something new to me.
Had difficulty with depriming this brand of cases.
The flash hole is off center and all the way on the side. Luckily I only had twenty out of several hundred other types.
I roll my own and did not buy but do pick every thing in sight.
it goes into the scrap bucket.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 - Thanks for posting this information...I purchased 1000 rds of Perfecta 9mm 115gr FMJ for $145.00 about a year ago and have yet to shoot a round of it...I will break open a box and shoot a couple of rounds on my next range trip to see if the pistol round is the same.....Thanks Again..Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
How does the firing pin "know" that the primer is off-center?

Posts: 6390 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
architect,
The primer pocket is in the center of the case, but the small hole (flash hole) that connects the primer to the main body of the case is drilled off center. Thus breaking off your de-capping pin when you try to remove the primer.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post