SIGforum
Reloading stuff that makes you happy

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/4900084294

June 03, 2022, 06:44 PM
92fstech
Reloading stuff that makes you happy
My dad is in town visiting, so we stopped by the range really quick to shoot some milsurp stuff before dinner. There were some other guys there on one of the pistol bays when we got there, but they left before we did. A buddy showed up after they left and wanted me to try out a revolver that he'd been working on, so we moseyed over to the pistol bay where those guys had been, and lo and behold they'd been shooting .45 Colt...and they left their brass!

Kept the Krag in the 10-ring at 100 yards, got to shoot with my son and my dad, and scored a box worth of free .45 Colt brass...great day at the range Big Grin!
June 03, 2022, 09:37 PM
357fuzz
Those are good days.
June 04, 2022, 08:01 AM
Flash-LB
Yeah, once in a while you score like that.

The last time I did, it was a box full of once fired .357 Magnum brass.
June 04, 2022, 11:49 AM
LS1 GTO
A few years back i was at an indoor range early one morning when an Secret Service agent came in with a 3-round burst capable AR and his girlfriend (whom he explained he was teaching and showing off to).

He said i could have the brass and they shot aprox 2,000 rounds in two hours. I got 99% of the brass. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

June 04, 2022, 03:41 PM
GT-40DOC
Many years ago I had that happen with 100 rounds of once fired(found the boxes) 44mag brass!! I was about to wet my pants!!
June 04, 2022, 05:12 PM
maxwayne
I had something similar happen many years ago. I shot at an indoor NG armory and the NCOIC called me and asked if I wanted some brass.

Two or three local FBI agents came in for their annual shoot and left a lot of 357 brass on the floor. I probably still have most of it.
June 04, 2022, 08:08 PM
92fstech
I get really tickled any time I find revolver brass, period, as most folks don't leave it. But .45 Colt in particular is one I hardly ever come across, and I have a few guns that shoot it so finding it free made my day.

The most unique range pickup I've ever scored was a whole box worth of .50 AE...still haven't managed to convince my wife that I need to buy a Desert Eagle so I can use it Big Grin.
June 04, 2022, 10:28 PM
rburg
Long ago I went down to the local free range (No free range chickens). All I wanted to do is fire off some reloads. It had snowed the day before.

Turns out the local PD had qualifications, snow or not. So the rain had melted the snow and there were hundreds of empty .357s lying about. Some had been stepped on, but lots had not. So I forgot about shooting and just scarfed up the brass. Yeah, new 357s, once fired. All mine!!!

Unhappy ammo seeker
June 05, 2022, 10:19 PM
RC
The text started with

Hey RC

I am getting out of reloading

Do you know anybody who wants to buy some primers?

RC
June 05, 2022, 10:48 PM
92fstech
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
The text started with

Hey RC

I am getting out of reloading

Do you know anybody who wants to buy some primers?

Yeah, that WOULD make my day! Actually had something kinda like that happen a few months ago. Scored a nice quantity of large rifle and large pistol. Still hunting for smalls, but I can shoot big-bores and milsurps all I want for a while!