SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    9mm 147 gr jhp reload data
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm 147 gr jhp reload data Login/Join 
posted
My guns love 147 gr ferderal hst oem ammo. I would like to duplicate that load as close as possible. I have 3 pistol powders:
Unique, Bullseye, and CFE pistol.
Which of these 3 powders do you all feel is more suitable for the 147 grain jhp's?

Also, I always start low and work up so with that inn mind anyone mind sharing any pet loads you may have that uses one of those 3 powder?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I load thousands of 147 gn round nose plated bullets every year. CFE Pistol is my go-to powder. I like the recoil feel it creates.
My mild Steel Challenge loads are 3.7 gn
Warmer loads are 4.0-4.1 gn
Note that my rounds are 1.11 COL.
As always, start low and work your way up for your firearm, and watch for signs of overpressure.

Posts: 3511 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
147gr Black Bullets International.

3.2g Vitavhori N320. Gets moving at 830fps. It's like shooting cotton balls.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 826 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you all for the replies. VNM - Glad to hear you have had good results with the CFE!

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
My go-to for 147 RN is 3.9gr of WSF.

I did some experiments with CFE-P but didn't get further than 3.6gr before primers started going scarce enough that I decided to put away my pistols as fun guns for the time being. I'll revisit this sometime, but not for a while.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3032 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post