SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Suddenly, everyone is out of Rainier 9mm 115gr RN?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suddenly, everyone is out of Rainier 9mm 115gr RN? Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted
My wife has been shooting the crap out of my stash of 9mm over the winter, so it's time for me to crank up the reloading press again.

I have a few thousand rounds loaded and currently have about 1500-2000 pieces of Rainier 9mm 115gr RN to load up.

I thought it would be a good idea to order some more, but every place seems to be out; Cabela's, Midway, Natchez, etc.

Midway did have some Winchester, so I order some from there.

Was there a mad rush or did Rainier have issues? I prefer Rainier over Berry's.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
The closed their doors last month, owners retiring. Will need to go to RMR, Berry's or some other source. For my knowledge they are up for sell.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Black Bullets International... 9mm, 115gr, 1000 projectiles - $75. Good Deal.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks! I liked Rainier because I didn’t need to reduce my powder load when switching between regular jacketed loads.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Xtreme and Montana Gold as well as RMR

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post