300 Blackout Reloading Discussion

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/4450032123

May 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
StorminNormin
300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
For the initial work up Im going to be using Remington 7.5's, H110 and converted brass.

Im going to load to the standard 2.260 with a medium crimp. Powder weight Im starting at 8.9 and move up.

Being that Im loading for a bolt gun, my goal is to load a round that is right up to the edge of supersonic and then back it off a tenth or two to make sure I stay under.

Gotcha. I am having to change the OAL so that it will feed properly in an AR platform and that is not a concern for you with a bolt gun.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
May 21, 2013, 03:04 PM
M4Super90
The crimping is not that much of an issue for the bolt gun either.

115 + 115 = 230
May 21, 2013, 04:30 PM
Prudence
quote:
Ill let you know what I get instruction set wise. Dillon didn't have anything in the way of a .300 die set that wasn't backordered further than the press itself, so I ordered them from Midway. They should be here by the end of the month.

Here is the link to the set I ordered.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...set-300-aac-blackout

I use the national match sets for a few calibers (including 300BLKOUT) on a Dillon 550b, they simply allow easy adjustments. For rifle rounds I grabbed a couple of the milled aluminum heads with the clamp kit to keep a consistent OAL.
May 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
TKO
Prudence, can you take a picture of what you are talking about?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
May 21, 2013, 07:50 PM
Prudence
Whidden Gunworks makes them I believe, I usually get them through UniqueTek. They replace the two small pins with tiny allen head bolts that clamps the tool head tightly against the top of the slide. You can see one of the bolt heads on the right side of the pic.

Edited to re-add photo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prudence,
May 21, 2013, 08:16 PM
TKO
Very cool. Ill have to order those for mine.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
May 25, 2013, 10:12 PM
TKO
Got my dies today from Midway.

Now if I just had a loader to pop em into.

May 25, 2013, 10:33 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Got my dies today from Midway.

Now if I just had a loader to pop em into.

At least you got them!! It took a while for my dies. I am about to go crazy over not being able to get primers!!!! I am almost out and I am still in the process of simply working up loads to find what I like for different rounds.

I am on so many watch lists but they are sold out within minutes of me getting an in-stock notice.

I just received my Eotech 3X Magnifier for my Noveske 300 BLK so I had to take a new picture of it today.

May 25, 2013, 10:57 PM
TKO
That looks good!

What kind of primers are you looking for?

May 25, 2013, 11:05 PM
TKO
Prudence, are you using the Whidden CNC toolheads too?

May 25, 2013, 11:11 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
That looks good!

What kind of primers are you looking for?

I am trying to get either CCI 400, Winchester Small Rifle, or the elusive Remington 7.5. I do have 1,000 of the CCI #41 that I will have to look into on adjusting my load if I use them.

May 25, 2013, 11:15 PM
TKO
We have been getting in Remington 7.5's locally so if I can lay my hands on a box or two Ill grab em up for you.

May 26, 2013, 09:43 AM
StorminNormin
quote:
We have been getting in Remington 7.5's locally so if I can lay my hands on a box or two Ill grab em up for you.

If you could that would awesome, I would cover the cost and hazmat shipping. It is crazy that no gun stores here, except one, carry reloading supplies. You have to depend on the internet or gun shows which both are dry as a bone.

May 26, 2013, 09:51 AM
TKO
Sadly in Phoenix there aren't more than a couple of stores that carry them. Its been hit and miss so badly Ive ordered powder online just to have some.

May 26, 2013, 03:55 PM
deepocean
quote:
Originally posted by Prudence:
Whidden Gunworks makes them I believe, I usually get them through UniqueTek. They replace the two small pins with tiny allen head bolts that clamps the tool head tightly against the top of the slide. You can see one of the bolt heads on the right side of the pic.

Prudence, do you have the regular or the floating die tool head?

http://whiddengunworks.net/floatingdiebuynow.html
May 26, 2013, 07:58 PM
Prudence
I use the floating...just help the alignment for sweater.
May 26, 2013, 08:22 PM
exx1976
Yeah, the one in the pic above is the floating one. Same one I use for .308.

For .223 I use the regular clamped one. Works well enough for my AR.

UniqueTek.com sells them.
May 27, 2013, 05:29 PM
TKO
I think Im going to order two of those with the clamp kits to use with my rifle calibers. Ill probably use the Dillon for my pistol calibers.

May 28, 2013, 07:05 PM
TKO
Stormin, all I found today was more CCI #41's. What are your thoughts on Federal Small Rifle or Small Rifle Match?

Tomorrow is another day!

Ill try trading for some locally as well.

May 28, 2013, 07:50 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Stormin, all I found today was more CCI #41's. What are your thoughts on Federal Small Rifle or Small Rifle Match?

Tomorrow is another day!

Ill try trading for some locally as well.

I got lucky just a while ago and got a notification from Midway that they had CCI #41s in-stock and was able to place an order before they sold out.

I still would prefer to get some Remington 7.5 or CCI 400 but I will give these CCI #41s a try when I get them.

I appreciate it but don't go through the trouble of trading any of YOUR primers. I will see how these CCI #41s do. So far all I have used is CCI 400 so I really don't have an opinion on other primers since I haven't used them.