SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
I dont have a 650 but have loaded on one years ago that had a case feeder. Im guessing the 223 plate doesnt work with the cut down case?

The 223 adapter can work but is prone to getting hung up because the slot is cut too long for the shorter 300 blackout casing.

-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 650 either, but I think he's talking about the feeder piece on the bottom of the tube, not the plate in the Hopper.

Right?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I don't have a 650 either, but I think he's talking about the feeder piece on the bottom of the tube, not the plate in the Hopper.

Right?

Correct. The case feed adapter is the plastic piece at the bottom of the tube.

The case feed plate in the hopper should be the small pistol plate with 2 spacer washers underneath. Same as for 30 Carbine.

-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
My case feed adapter is my right hand.

My bullet feed adapter is my left hand.

Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Big Grin

I'm afraid to ask what you pull the handle with Eek

-Chris

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Swimm:
quote:

Big Grin

I'm afraid to ask what you pull the handle with Eek

HA!

In order:
Left hand advances shell plate
Right hand = insert shell
Left hand insert bullet while right hand moves to handle
left hand gets out of the way, right hand pulls handle

It's pretty quick, and I like the manual index. Especially for precision rifle rounds (until I get around to buying a CoAx or similar).

Smile

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley has "Major manufacturer Factory seconds" of 125gr HP .308 bullets.

I'm guessing this to be SMKs.

They are $99.95/500

I ordered 1k.

Get em before they're gone!!

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Holy CRAP does cutting brass make one hell of a mess.

Anyone have any tips for not covering the entire work area in brass dust and lake city necks?! Shit flies everywhere...

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holy CRAP does cutting brass make one hell of a mess.

Anyone have any tips for not covering the entire work area in brass dust and lake city necks?! Shit flies everywhere...

LOL. Might be your type of chop saw I guess. Mine chops the necks off and they fall into a little pile. The shavings stay in a relatively small pile as well. I then just sweep the cut off necks into a box of unusable brass I keep for recycling. I then use the shop vac to clean up the shavings.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I'm using the same shitty $27 Harbor Freight chop saw that everyone else uses. Smile

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Here's one, hopefully some of yous guys are up.

I got some AA 5744 from a buddy. I also picked up some Sierra 150gr SPs.

I loaded some up with Sierra's data and then saw Accurate's data.

Sierra says 16-17.8gr where Accurate starts at 17.8 and goes to 19.2

My load is 16.6 and I would bet that the bullet is damn near touching the powder. From what I understand 5744 can be compressed so its probably not a big deal going much higher but now I am worried my damn rounds won't cycle.

I will find out tomorrow but I was surprised at how much disparity there was in the data.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
Here's one, hopefully some of yous guys are up.

I got some AA 5744 from a buddy. I also picked up some Sierra 150gr SPs.

I loaded some up with Sierra's data and then saw Accurate's data.

Sierra says 16-17.8gr where Accurate starts at 17.8 and goes to 19.2

My load is 16.6 and I would bet that the bullet is damn near touching the powder. From what I understand 5744 can be compressed so its probably not a big deal going much higher but now I am worried my damn rounds won't cycle.

I will find out tomorrow but I was surprised at how much disparity there was in the data.

Yeah that is odd with the difference in the load information; Accurate's load data is with just a slightly longer OAL but not enough for the powder charge difference. You should be fine with what you loaded since that is in the range of Sierra's info and it is better to error on the lower end. I would have definitely also used Sierra's info.

Looking at Sierra's info, I saw that they have the range of 16.2 - 17.4g @ 2.105" OAL http://sierrabullets.files.wor...300-aac-blackout.pdf

I could under stand the difference listed between the two sites for the Sierra 150gr Gameking because there is a much greater OAL difference between the two.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they cycle, I'm not worried about over pressure but if they cycle I've probably got enough powder to load the 100 bullets I've got. That will make shooting blackout a little bit more affordable!

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully they cycle, I'm not worried about over pressure but if they cycle I've probably got enough powder to load the 100 bullets I've got. That will make shooting blackout a little bit more affordable!

I haven't used that powder before but with that load it looks like it will be very close to the subsonic/supersonic range. I haven't seen any specific reviews on the powder but saw it listed in a chart saying that it works well with 300 blackout so I think you have a good chance of it cycling. It is also considered close to AA1680, which does great at cycling at subsonic velocity, but is just a more bulky powder than AA1680.

Shoot with a clean gun and you will have an even better chance of it cycling.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Well, all I got to bring on the trip is 20 remington subsonics and the 7 I loaded so it should be pretty darn clean.

If they work good I will load up a bunch. Sierra says it should be about 1700fps out of a 16" barrel, not sure what it will do out of my 7.5" but I would think a pistol system would cycle easier than the midlength they spec.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
My loads were awesome, the Rems sucked. Frown

They dribbled out, covered me in unburnt powder, failed to strip new rounds out of the mag...just awful.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
My loads were awesome, the Rems sucked. Frown

They dribbled out, covered me in unburnt powder, failed to strip new rounds out of the mag...just awful.

Glad to hear your rounds performed well. I have not shot too many of the Remington 220gr factory ammo; 95% of my shooting has always been reloads.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Seems like they will be a good plinking round for sure, maybe even have enough mojo for defensive use. Brass piled up about 5' from the gun.

Now I need to load some of the same bullet into the FAL to make sure it works good and I may just be happy with it. They were pretty reasonably priced for 308 bullets.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like they will be a good plinking round for sure, maybe even have enough mojo for defensive use. Brass piled up about 5' from the gun.

Now I need to load some of the same bullet into the FAL to make sure it works good and I may just be happy with it. They were pretty reasonably priced for 308 bullets.

Did you happen to chrono them? I am curious if they were subsonic. Also what is the Sierra part number for that bullet? They have a few 150gr and I wasn't sure if they were the soft point hunter or the Matchking.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:

Did you happen to chrono them? I am curious if they were subsonic. Also what is the Sierra part number for that bullet? They have a few 150gr and I wasn't sure if they were the soft point hunter or the Matchking.

Website description will usually be something along the lines of "150gr SP" instead of "150gr SMK" or "150gr HPBT".