SIGforum
JP Enterprises Match Case Gauges - now made with SS

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/4300074284

June 05, 2021, 01:58 PM
marksman41
JP Enterprises Match Case Gauges - now made with SS
Ordered both the .223 and the .308 JP Enterprises Match Case Gauges from Brownells last week and did not receive the red and blue anodized items listed on the website. I was a bit disappointed but figured with reloading supplies being short for most things, maybe these were pushed out to meet demand and missed the anodizing process. Whatever the case, I was still glad to have them.

Was looking on the JP Enterprises website a little while ago to see what other items they offer (lots o' stuff) and saw that they stopped using aluminum for the case gauges and went to 416 Stainless Steel - so that's why mine came in what I thought was an unfinished state. Now I'm even more pleased with them!

June 22, 2021, 03:22 PM
marksman41
That's another way of doing it.

The gauges work for me.

June 22, 2021, 04:16 PM
Flash-LB
I've got gauges for 9MM, .45 ACP and .223.

I used the 9MM for around 2K rounds and not a single one failed, so I quit using it and the .45 ACP. Haven't had a single problem.

I still gauge every 10th round or so of .223, though, mostly out of habit, and no, none of them fail either, nor do I have problems with the ammo.

If you've got your dies set correctly, about the only way you can have a problem is if you get a case that's longer than SAAMI maximum, something I had happen once with 9MM and never with .45 ACP or, of course, .223 as I trim each case just after resizing.