SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Argentinian Primers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentinian Primers Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
https://goastrasports.com/prod...mall-pistol-primers/

This has been one of the best deals I've seen so far at 0.05/primer. Shipping is free, but you do pay the hazmat fee.

Anyone have some experience with this brand?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A quick scan on line seems to show generally favorable ratings on the Powder Valley website.

Major caveat in my brief scan is that they seem to feature a hard cup and many with striker fired pistols reported 10-20% failure to ignite.

Hammer fired pistol users seemed to fare much better.

I personally use hammer fired pistols but unless that was all I could get, I would otherwise buy a more reliable brand.

Posts: 3152 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have you ever ordered from Astra Sports??

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:

Just did. Got a shipping confirmation, too. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

Why?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read the title waaaay too fast and saw "Argonian Potions". Nevermind what I was going to post in reply. Safe travels, landstrider.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
A quick scan on line seems to show generally favorable ratings on the Powder Valley website.

Major caveat in my brief scan is that they seem to feature a hard cup and many with striker fired pistols reported 10-20% failure to ignite.

Hammer fired pistol users seemed to fare much better.

I personally use hammer fired pistols but unless that was all I could get, I would otherwise buy a more reliable brand.

Powder Valley is the bomb. Have ordered from them many times. Never disappointed.

Posts: 4063 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Just did. Got a shipping confirmation, too. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

Why?

I have never heard of them before and their prices are lower than most of the more well-known retailers. Let us know if all goes well.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Stay FAR away from them. I bought five thousand from Powder Valley based on cost and availibility.

They have at LEAST a five to ten percent failure rate....in every type of firearm. Semi or revolver the need to cycle through twice is always there.

I still have two thousand left that aren't worth the effort to load and waste to other components.

Powder Valley is great but most of the reviews are by those who never tried them and based it on the shipping. Better to pay more for a brand name that works.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Why?

Did they get delivered?

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Sorry, just realized I hadn't replied.

They did. So far, I've loaded several hundred rounds and test fired a few. No issues.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ll check primer inventory today. I’m in the window for the ‘birthday discount’ at Midway, which brings the primer prices down to the low $60’s.

I haven’t checked the hazmat charges yet.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
They have a birthday discount?

I've been using Ammoseek.com to find primers. Not bad so far.

posted Hide Post
Ordered some through Norma, free shipping and no hazmat.150$ for 3k

Posts: 7 | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post