SIGforum
Single Stage Powder Thru Die

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/3970000934

March 13, 2018, 01:47 PM
MWG
Single Stage Powder Thru Die
Not sure if this is possible...

Looking for a powder thru expanding die to mount a Uniflow on my single stage. Hoping to bell and drop powder in a single step to minimize a step in handling the cases. Not looking for a case activated set, manually working the Uniflow is fine. Any ideas on where to get a setup like I'm describing? RCBS Rockchucker if it matters...

Thanks!
March 13, 2018, 02:05 PM
45 Cal
IMHO you would be better off and safer if you used a loading block and do it in this manor.
less chance of squibs and kabooms in finished product.
You want production there is always Dillon 550 or 650's
March 13, 2018, 10:19 PM
MWG
That's what I currently do...looks like I'll stay with the tried and true!

Thanks!
March 14, 2018, 08:26 AM
Blue68f100
T=You may be able to use the Hornady case activated powder die. The only requirement is the inside of the Uniflow be threaded which it is. If you don't use a PTX you would have to get the different spacers used for different calibers.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger
March 14, 2018, 08:27 PM
cuda2045
You could used a Lee die, and plum it to work.
March 16, 2018, 06:17 PM
C-Dubs
More chance of me making a mess removing the charged casing from the shell-holder.

I just use the ol' loading block under my L-n-L powder drop in a powder stand.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
March 16, 2018, 06:57 PM
orion5
You want a Lyman multi expand powder charge die. Been using one for many years.

o5
March 21, 2018, 12:33 PM
625JME
You could get a Dillon RL450 Powder Die, Dillon Powder Measure Adapter, and the appropriate funnel.
March 22, 2018, 09:57 AM
Haveme1or2
Allot of Lee's stuff is cheap but I have to say the pro auto disk on an expander is great. Best 30$ I ever spent.
March 30, 2018, 12:36 AM
BillyBonesNY
RCBS just released a linkage kit for the Uniflow.
Looks like it’s powder through expander.
Link
quote:
Originally posted by MWG:
Not sure if this is possible...

Looking for a powder thru expanding die to mount a Uniflow on my single stage. Hoping to bell and drop powder in a single step to minimize a step in handling the cases. Not looking for a case activated set, manually working the Uniflow is fine. Any ideas on where to get a setup like I'm describing? RCBS Rockchucker if it matters...

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
April 03, 2018, 02:44 PM
9mmnut
When I was using my single stage I processed a lot of cases to the point of charging. When I needed ammo I would charge the case then seat the bullet. Never used a loading block. I just felt this was a safer way to load.